Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Divisions among Rastafarians

Your quote:

"and give thanks for your reasoning. Upon reading your reasoning, and the responses posted to it so far i&i have noticed what appears to be a source of creative tension that exists in the movement."

My Response:

While I respect your right to your views, I however do not see this as creative tensions. I am dealing with sometimes covert and at time overt racism. I see no genuine creativity coming from some of the contributors with their attempts to deny facts that could be easily researched on the Internet and through a little reading.

Your quote:

"I would state from the outset that i believe that this tension is largely illusiory and simply amounts to being a difference of perspective, and therefore of timing."

My Response:

I would say the tensions are based on the many illusions people live within. But when people act on their warped illusions then it is no longer simply illusions but dangerous conduct. The poor conduct is not an illusion.

I certainly never stated that the two camps were mutually exclusive and I deliberately mentioned that I am NOT addressing what I see as harmless differences. I am focusing on the ones that are destructive.

Your quote:

"The method of reaching higher overstanding and mental emancipation would seem to be inseperable from works towards black repatriation (in all of its possibilities) and pride. The more mystical rasta path seems to teach that it is important for i&i to develop our overstanding, and from that basis completely reorganise our lifestyle to one that is in harmony with Jah's creation (the livity)."

My Response:

This is the only reason I engage these discussions. If people are not about improving themselves then they are not helping correct anything. It is for individuals to work on themselves. But many fools do not think through the issues or at least investigate what could possibly be behind some important statements; instead they go on an irresponsible rampage feeling that is their right to free expression. Expressions are only free when they are responsible.

I don’t know where you really want to go with the rest of your contribution. I am speaking about deceptions and lies being peddled to distract others from developing. These cannot simply be qualified as different approaches or illusions. One is destructive and the other constructive. My comments are instructive as they pertain to my observations that can be easily proven.

Other parts of your contribution come over quite muddled. For example, you stated that you are an optimist; I don't know where the contrast is for that statement except it may imply that someone else (maybe me) is a pessimist. In answer to that possible assumption, I am very optimistic. I am sure that some people will make the effort and prosper while others are not going to develop and will meet a horrible demise. There isn’t anything pessimistic about that.

Messages In This Thread

Divisions among Rastafarians
Yes I , it is an African thing, first and foremost
move up *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com