HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: The Myth - Scarcity. The Reality - There is en

You really did not expect a serious response to this crap but for the benefit of others who may surf by I will respond.

You said:
"I have to laugh, in almost every African state white commercial farmers have been pushed off the land, to be replaced with black subsistance farmers."

Can you supply evidence of this? I think you are lying here.

You said:
"Then when food production plumets people have to come up with some really innovative reasons for why there is not enough food."

Are you denying that the majority of prime agricultural land in Africa is occupied by Whites who mostly grow for exports? Are you denying that the revenue from taxes that the governments receive from exports has to also purchase food from abroad to add to what is grown by subsistence farmers on the worst land in Africa?

You said:
"This is not a black or white cause or reason, its simply economics and the powers of mass production and efficient use of capital to produce huge amounts of food for people who live in cities."

That is crap and you know it. What you posted here is racism. The reason why Whites occupy the best land is based on racism and theft. Africans were feeding themselves thousands of years before Whites evolved on the scene. Whites were never efficient with capital. They never trusted that they had any ability to legitimately earn anything. That is why they always resort to outright theft, invasions, colonization and brute force to acquire things. Only a racist White or otherwise ignorant person will call that efficient.

You said:
"Without commercial food production a huge number, perhaps some two thirds of the world would die of hunger, this is a fact which most African elites fail to see, as in the past they simply thought it expedient to steal the produce of the commercial farmers by removing them from their farms, without thinking of where food would come from next year."

Commercial food production is not a White thing; Whites have taken control of major food production, not by fair means but by deception and brute force. Without the borders in Africa that were created by Whites, and their outright theft of land among other resources, people would grow as they need and move from areas of drought to better grounds as the seasons change. They were doing this for thousands of years before Whites evolved.

You are using the term 'African elite' with a kind of disdain for Blacks with authority. Anyhow, I guess you are White. But you are quite aware that most White farmers produced for exports and subsistence farmers contributed more to feeding their own people.

You said:
"But I must make my point once again, its not because they are white that they are in demand, its because they have a highly specialized skill which Africa needs"

Of course this is trash. If African countries are allowing White farmers to come in, it is because of their own unwillingness to combat the stronghold of Whites in the sector. Whites have the capital from their unjust exploits with which to purchase machinery etc. They also have their colonial trading relationships.

Many African leaders can be faulted for not taking firm steps to reclaim the land in Africa for their indigenous owners. They can be faulted for not encouraging people to grow for the needs in Africa then trade the surplus with others. They will really have to get back to basics and get a better idea of measuring wealth that is not tied to European false standards and hypocritical values.

Might I suggest that wealth be measured on one's ability to take care of one's basic needs, and not how much European cash and materials one can hoard? I mean, this is in keeping with our indigenous values.

Messages In This Thread

African Food Exports vs. African Starvation *LINK*
The Myth - Scarcity. The Reality - There is enough *LINK*
Re: The Myth - Scarcity. The Reality - There is en *LINK*
BLACK MAN ON THIS EARTH MUST I-NITE AND BURN FIRE!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com