HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Divisions among Rastafarians

I respect the teachings of Garvey, yet just as a patriotic "respectable" American would say about the founding fathers, they were men of their time. Because of Garveyism, people of mixed descent are being forced off their land in South Africa right now, not just the White people in Zimbabwe. If Africans would see the beam in their own eyes, White people wouldn't point it out. It is easy for corrupt politicians and preachers to twist the teachings of Garvey for evil purposes. As soon as I can find a godfather who I know is loyal to the monarchy I'm getting baptised because the Ethiopians love I more than Black Americans or Jamaicans. They look at if you fixing to enter with humbleness and blend in with them while nuff Rastaman act like Rastaman going to Ethiopia to take over. The reality is that His Imperial Majesty was about Amharic Supremacy more than Black Supremacy. Amhara is a culture, not a color, and it is very different from Rasta even though Rasta partly comes from it. I respect all Rasta but the older I get and the same injustices that I can't change are the rally cry of the black ghetto youth who get more and more angry at the white trailer youth when its the rich white man who divides and rules. What of the sons and daughters of the second-generation white ghetto hippies who grew up into Rastas. Are they going to stand for reverse racism from rudeboy youth converts? Some will just take a little, myself included, but there is a limit. You don't think I and I want to see Babylon pay Black people reparations? The American and British government won't pay back until they feel they have to, and if you ask me they better do it now, for the African Union has already sided against the American Invasion. Maybe if they were to pay reparations to Africa and Africans right now they could prevent Islamic Supremacy. Black Supremacy is better than Islamic Supremacy, particularly Amhara Supremacy, for Amhara is a Black that embraces all complexions of Mankind. Garvey's Black Supremacy was a polar opposite of White Supremacy, which made it reliant on White Supremacy to define itself. It incorporated the eugenics fad, a fad which, with Hitler and Mussolini, cost millions of Jews, Gypsies, Ethiopians and Polish their lives. In conclusion I and I cannot support Garveyite Black Racial Supremacy as a viable social theory. His Imperial Majesty's Amhara Supremacy is the only Supremacy within Rasta with a future for Ethiopia is the future and Jamaica is the past. So many years have passed and Rasta still don't have equal rights in Jamaica. I'm never going to Jamaica because I hate to see Rasta people living as second-class citizens. That's a place where Rasta get downpression from other Black people, and officially Marcus Garvey is a National Hero. Every Rasta, Black white or Whatever however should study Marcus Garvey because there is a lot we can learn from Marcus Garvey. Rasta is greater than Garveyism or Politics for Haile Selassie I ruleth by Divine Right. For these few words I give thanks and apologize to any Black Brethren that think that by giving my perspective I was overstepping my bounds.

Messages In This Thread

Divisions among Rastafarians
Yes I , it is an African thing, first and foremost
move up *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com