HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Putting this reasoning in context

You are making a general statement, and are not challenging any of my stated views. Maybe if you could lift a quote from what I posted anywhere on this site and challenge it, I would not mind responding. However I will respond to a few of your comments.

sismeneni said: "Many have different views on this subject.."

That is correct, and no one is denying that there are many views on all of these matters. But reasoning is about testing these diverse views.

sismeneni said: "There are no villages of strictly black Rastafari in America that I know of, and it would definetly be difficult to have a guard at the gates checking the background of a mixed person and deciding whether they are welcome or not."

I am certainly not forcing anyone to accept anything, and on the issue of who is a Rasta, I have already stated how I identify myself with Rasta. It is up to others to work out their own positions for themselves. I am not accepting anyone at face value, Black, White or in-between.

sismeneni said: "And given the reality of the circumstances in the world, I must agree with Ras Adam, the mixing of the people is beautiful.."

That is not what I was debating. However, I certainly do not see the special beauty in mixed-race people. I can see beauty in everyone, especially the 'short fat or thin Black broad-nosed kinky-haired Africans' in and out of the continent of Africa who are abused the most.

I do not have any authority over the choices people make in that regard, but I can point out the effects in terms as how it can, and do, affect relations. I do not know if you read my response on that thread. I am reposting the response I posted to Ras Adam, which was a response to this part of his comment: "I think interacial relationships are a great tool to break down racism..".

My response was: "You will have to show where race mixing has ever ended racism, and how it is possible. People can feel free to race mix as they want. However the reality is, no way race mixing can end racism. All it does in ignorance is allow for the continuation of other layers of racism, like Colorism, which maintains the White status quo."

sismeneni said: "So instead of what "should be".. why aren't ones reasoning on what IS and how to deal with the issues at hand for humanity?"

Reasoning on what IS, is also about advocating what should be.

sismeneni said: "There will be no peace until there is justice... but there will be no justice until it is realeyezed that justice is not for one man alone."

This is also my view.

sismeneni said: "It is a matter of shared overstanding and where ones are at mentally that label themselves Rasta. InI are blessed with the gift of discernment so it must be used in this time to work with the right people with the right intentions."

This is generally correct, except 'shared overstanding' is somewhat vague. Shared amongst whom? Reasoning is also about discerning who are the right people to work with, by first checking their intentions.

Messages In This Thread

Race..so now what?
typo
Re: typo
Re: Race..so now what?
lean not pon your own understanding. *NM*
Putting this reasoning in context
Ayinde:
Re: The Myth of a "Multiracial" Black America

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com