HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Can the Whiteness of Mind be Changed?

If you are truly addressing the concept of mindset yes, I believe it can. You did not ask if it would be easy. NO, it's not easy. Many people of privelge choose not to see the problems that exist, and have existed for a long time, because it would force them to make choices that they might not be comfortable with.

Education is the key. There is a reason why the American school system has fallen to sh*t. Living in California, LA, in particular, I remember the riots. No, I'm not old enough to remember the Watts riots, I'm referring to the riots after Rodney King. I was living in what most White folks considered the ghetto, while most of the ghetto considered the fringe, or edge. In other words, I could hear the gun shot at night, but it's generally a safe neighborhood. As many of us know, neighborhoods aren't always what they look like from the outside.

Any way I digress, when the looting broke out, there was no respecter of color, predominantly brown and blacks bredren and sistren looted side by side. Unfortunately I witnessed the looting of many African American stores, whose owners could only ask "Why me". There was an Ethiopian Brother who ran a 7-11, they "kids" left him alone all day, but when someone lit the Payless shoe store on fire next store, his store was history, and they took what they could.

I have asked for years, why did everyone stay in the hood? If they had moved fast enough they could have looted a lot of rich white stores, instead they hurt who ever was closest.

Before you cuss me out, I'm not judging them, I'm saying that this is a result of conditioning. Either people were too afraid to attack the Beverly Center, or they didn't bother.

Conditioning is important to be aware of. One of the most beneficial experiences that most Americans, especially those that are affluent, and more especially white ones could benefit from is travel. The difference here in America is that while neighborhoods are predominantly one color or the other, how many white folks have lived in a country, where they are the numeric inferior? Take away all that affluence and make them live like the rural poor, in whatever so-called third world country of choice. Do not provide the usual, forgotten privelges that so many take for granted, because they have never lacked them.

As for children, you have to teach them the truth. They have to be taught that there are good and bad of all races, but most people are inherantly (in my opinion) good. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Tides change and times change.

If you want people to change you have to do something about it. How many people take time to actually get to know someone else? Again, don't cuss me out. I know you should n't have to make the effort, and often it is without reward. But many people don't actually know someone from another country, or another racial group. We at the heart, are more alike than different. We bleed, we love, we cry, we try to do our best. Yes there is an ugly histor set forth by the Europeans that settled, this new land that they stole from people who already lived here. They stole, killed and captured, abused, tried to rationalize why, to generations of Africans since then.

There was a time, Marcus' time when it was believed that all slave descendents could return to Africa and forget about the past, or at least build a new future. I believe the time for complete segregation has passed. This again, is only my opinion. I believe that RASTAFARI knows no boundary of color and there will be people called from all backgrounds, if for no other reason to prove the POWER of JAH!

Marcus said that if even one drop of black blood is in a one's history, let him be called black. Well then that makes this a mixed up, ALL BLACK world. Let the righteous stand up for SELASSIE I and defend the children, the elderly and the helpless. Let us be known by our works rather than our words. Talk is cheap. I will stand beside whomever is about defending Africa and Ethiopia, regardless of color. What happened to "the whole world is Africa"? UHURU

Peace does not come about as a result of war. Peace comes about because people want it badly enough to sit down and reason.

Can the white mindset be changed. Yes, it can. Some of these "hippies" that so many people hate, are a step in that direction. They may not overs a lot of what we reason about, but then, there are so many different opinions here why should they be any different? Maybe they will pick up a book and learn the REAL history that many of us oldtimers have been studying for so long. Maybe they will learn that their ancestors did some really ugly things, and try to be better people as a result. Maybe they won't freak and cross to the other side of the road or hold their purses so tightly when they see us coming, because they learn something valuable, rather than hearing nothing but hate, which allows them to justify their parents triffling history?

Just a thought. I know many will disagree. RASTAFARI, ONE GOD

Messages In This Thread

Can the Whiteness of Mind be Changed?
The Lillies *NM*
AYINDE
Re: AYINDE
Yes Isis
Re: Yes Isis
Re: Yes Isis
Re: Yes AfricanEmpress
TRU DAT *NM*
heearrd *NM*
Precisely typical response from white ignorance
WORD SOUND AND POWAH!!!!!!!!!!
Nick
Re: Nick
cORRECTION nICK
Re: cORRECTION nICK
You are DICK Oreilly an informant!!!
Re: Precisely typical response from white ignoranc
Re: Nick, you have really proved they cant.
ROOTSWOMEN HERE I COME~
Re: ROOTSWOMEN HERE I COME~
Re: Nick, you have really proved they cant. *LINK*
also
True
Re: True
ONENESS as Rootswoman say & rootsie wld too *NM*
AFRICAN EMPRESS KEBRA WANTS YOU TO COME AN TALK!
Rootsie I can Really Appreciate your comments
Re: Rootsie I can Really Appreciate your comments
Keep blazing Sista Roots!
Re: Rootsie I can Really Appreciate your comments
A MAN IS JUST A MAN!!.

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com