HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Light Skin vs Dark Skin???
In Response To: Re: Light Skin vs Dark Skin??? ()

I stated my views and you are quite in order to disagree. I never called on anyone to simply agree with I on these issues.

I never stated or implied that Light-skin Blacks and White people were the same.

I don't have to meet ALL white people to have a general policy when dealing with whites. I am quite familiar with light-skinned Blacks in the ghettos in Venezuela, Europe, the U.S and in the Caribbean, even those born to Black parents, including some of my own biological children. I don't have to personally meet ALL light-skinned Black people to formulate the view I have. Dealing with racism also involves addressing colourism, and although light-skinned ones are abused, they are generally preferred by the system and are less sensitive to the abuses to darker-skin Blacks. They are not predisposed to being consistent or sensitive to the root concerns of darker-skin Blacks.

Of course, uninformed dark-skinned blacks are not predisposed to being consistent with addressing the root concerns of darker-skinned Blacks either, but they still remain receptive to the most negative aspects of the system. Most dark-skinned Blacks who had 'opportunities' were more or less chosen for their willingness to toe the line. The smarter ones are not given a fair chance to do better. They are always under more scrutiny, under funded and undermined based on the many layers of unaddressed arrogance and negative discrimination they have to deal with on a day-to-day basis.

Messages In This Thread

Light Skin vs Dark Skin???
Re: Light Skin vs Dark Skin??? *LINK*
Malcolm X/ El Hajj Malik El Shabazz
Re: Malcolm X/ El Hajj Malik El Shabazz *LINK*
Re: Malcolm X/ El Hajj Malik El Shabazz

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com