Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks TV Archive

Re: don't CONfuse Rasta with baldheads

Greetings Aisha,

Respect for your honesty. I'd have to say that I agree and disagree with you.

The things your saying are in reference to those who aren't Rastafarians. The same elite class who would manipulate you would also (and HAS!) manipulated I (I&I is more like it). (We are talking about white Rasta not white pasta:) Some have gotten the brutal end of the deal much worse than others. And I&I would like to give extra time and more of I-selves to help those brothers and sisters who got it worst. So when I hear you saying your having troubles, I understand as a sister - and if there is anything I could do to ease whatever it is troubling you as a result of someone elses evil, I would do it. Believe me I would do it.

I used to (and still do sometimes) get real pissed at people because they were out 'preaching' about this and that, yet I was struggling my a@@ off all alone in this cold world (yet in a world overflowing with 'religion' and church-goers) while they just stand around 'giving their approvals and blessings' ... talking bout morality... talking about saving the world... heaven and so on. I'd tell them to plainly F### off. Why? Because I've been through hell, and were were they? They were judging not helping. Why? Because I felt I've lived a life more righteous in all my thoughts and actions than any priest I've ever met. Someone would say 'I&I' and I'd say WHAT?!? Tell me what I&I REALLY MEANS and then I'll REALLY SHOW YOU... know what I'm saying? Some would wonder why I would 'lash out,' etc... then they would go on saying 'LOVE LOVE LOVE OH LOVE' and that would make my stomack turn inside, for I could not see no love. Oh, I could HEAR it everywhere, but certainly could NOT SEE IT. I've been growing alot, and I still don't think alot of things are fair in this world... so full of ILLusion... but I have to admit that I took my gripes much too far and extremely OVERGENERALIZED. Taking things out on people I shouldn't have. I only made things worse by spreading negativity instead of offering postive solutions and examples. You can't love and hate. You can't be positive AND negative. You can't be anti-racist and racist at the same time. You can't say 'ONE LOVE' and then not help in the struggle, and/or discriminate against anothers color. I can hate the shitstem, but I can't hate all the innocent victims caught up in it. Those same elite few you talk of, well, throughout time it's been the same old story. The same old fight. For all colors. And it continues. That great big poverty GAP, etc. (Divide and Conquer, oppression, etc... )But again I'll say the deepest wound is in Africa... and the repercussions are devastating and clearly seen today. White rastafarians do recognize this and do realize the significance and importance of helping Africa in her struggle. If a white person didn't acknowledge Africa in this way... then I'd have very stong doubts about this person being rasta - and would not trust their intentions.

First and foremost Rastafari is a HUMAN struggle of good over evil... and the bulk of human suffering and victimization lies waiting for I&I in Africa to do something. That's why you and I, I&I, need to get over the racial barrier and turn things around for future generations. A good start would be not to confuse Rasta with pasta. Seen? :)

And about whites not minding 'living off the benefits of a legacy of white superiority' and not accepting 'the responsibility of dealing with the toll it takes on other people.'... to that I say is very true, but that same statement applies to all races and this is an undisputed fact. But, please ask yourself if this statement applies to ANY RASTAFARIAN... any TRUE RASTAFARIAN of ANY COLOR? (keep in mind, we all gotta eat, especially the little babies)

You said: 'You all can continue teaching blacks to put these issues aside and prepare for Heaven.'

I think your right that blacks shouldn't put these issues aside in return for some pain numbing opiate called religion. But, Rastafari is much different, don't you agree? MUCH DIFFERENT. Rasta makes us look DEEP within and without. It beats in I&I heart. His Majesty likes love and action. It is a movement and a light, not opium and a blindfold. It fights oppresion, it doesn't oppress... It is truthful and guides. It doesn't hate or lie. (on and on and on, always so much things to say, sorry)

Mainly just wanted to say, that my heart and prayers are with you because it seems your having a tough time wherever your at and only hope you don't confuse Rasta (once again with any color) with that which Rasta is painstakingly against.

Love to you, Heather

Messages In This Thread

What do blacks not want as white rasta objectives?
Re: What do blacks not want as white rasta objecti
Re: Questions and Shades
Re: Hair This!!
Re: What do blacks want? Equal Opportunity
Re: What do blacks want? Equal Opportunity
Re: don't CONfuse Rasta with baldheads
Re: don't CONfuse.
Re: What the white really has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What the white really has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Give thanks for your words Blair...
A final comment on the "White Rastas" issue
Re: A final comment on the "White Rastas" issue

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com