AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: To the So-Called 53%: Stop Embarrassing Yourse

"Now, if I missed the point of your post, perhaps it would help if there was a reasoning out of your mouth behind it."

* You certainly read a lot into the intent as to why I post things sometimes. But at the same time, I appreciate your candor and the points you make are usually very valid. The point wasn't a "solution" in as much as it was a sharing of a thought. An example of the very points you make about hierarchy and identification politricks. In all of this, identification with WHOM is important, this is an example of the middle(and quickly sinking) identifying with the top against the lower. And this is a personal thought I had yesterday to show you where my mind is at since your requested it: Dear middle class, white, occupy wall st. folks. At the same time there is an attempt to acknowledge unity with what you term the the 99%, there also should be recognition that on a global scale we have a lot in common with the 1% on many fronts. And in some ways, WE ARE the 1% in terms of access to resources, income and social stratification. That IMO is a revolutionary step in awareness. Then ask if the motivation for action is a fear of losing our position in the social hierarchy or is it a sense of universal justice. Be honest and know it's ok if you fall into the former category. Honesty shows character and integrity. It's when we ask these questions and answer them truthfully that we then start to have the conversation whether or not we in all actuality and honesty can be the voice for the global 99%.

Messages In This Thread

To the So-Called 53%: Stop Embarrassing Yourselves *NM* *LINK*
dueling banjos *LINK*
give thankhs to the seeking *NM*
thanks for the reasoning . . .

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com