AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: but all iz a bless in afrikah *LINK*

For the final time – since You keep trying to make a point about my saying…Life is bless in Africa…I was making this comment based on a non-violent presidential election in Zambia; and my own sharing of a positive personal day for I.

Re-hashing links that show challenges in Africa is admirable, if you are doing so with the intention of trying to develop reasoning by which ones can offer solutions and or contribute to the issue of which you are referencing in your link.

I would offer that you provide such post not with the intention of developing strategies that might help the issue, but to try to discredit another.

My approach to such issues is different.

Regarding allegations of injecting people with HIV and giving children anti- meningitis meds, I am not fully informed on this – but I will do research and follow up.

In regards to FORCED sterilization in Namibia and South Africa, I am intimately informed. So much so, when I read about forced sterilization of women in Namibia, I was still in Kenya; but I was called to action – and this is what led me to this country.

The first place I volunteered at full time for 6 mos was Namibia Womens Health Network (NWHN) who has brought this case to light, documented and got all of the women that came forward legal representation from the Legal Assistance Centre (LAC) Namibia.

I was in court for about 50% of the court cases that took place in Windhoek. The legal case has concluded – months ago and there is a verdict expected next year.

framing this forced sterilization as a USAID issue is a bit of a stretch though. The (documented) forced sterilizations were done in Oshakati hospital in the North and Katatura Hospital in Windhoek. I personally HEARD the testimony of the doctors who performed the sterilizations, one was a Namibian doctor and another was a Zimbabwean – both made up stories and performed the sterilizations on several women because they as ‘medical-professionals” were unethical.

There was a time in Namibia before the advent of ARVs and PMTCT, that public opinion amongst many that mothers should be sterilized if they were HIV positive. Public opinion has obviously changed.

I have no training in court reporting, so the writing is choppy – but an overview of what I captured in court of the proceedings, and a few reasoning sessions with the women that were forcefully sterilized can be found here:
http://endforcedsterilizationinnamibia.wordpress.com/

Mama Jeni and NWHN
http://www.stoptortureinhealthcare.org/campaigner/jennifer-gatsi-mallet-0
http://nwhn.wordpress.com/about/

Messages In This Thread

InInnovation in AFRICA *NM* *LINK*
Re: InInnovation in AFRICA *NM* *LINK*
Re: sellf determination inna global society *LINK*
Re: 6 mos timeline *LINK*
Re: Cultural InInnovation in the Diaspora *NM* *LINK*
Re: InInnovation in AFRICA
Re: InInnovation in AFRICA
Re: InInnovation in AFRICA *NM* *LINK*
but all iz a bless in afrikah *LINK*
Re: but all iz a bless in afrikah *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com