AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: (of Ma'at)
In Response To: Re: (of Ma'at) *LINK* ()

*******People have conflicting views of truth, sometimes I think that maybe different people even have different truths in the sense that subjective perception so governs our judgements of what the truth is.*******

Indeed sis. We do have different VIEWS of truth. That is why reasoning is such a blessed sacrament. Put it this way. IMO, Ras Marcus’s reasonings are not subject to Afrika or Jamaica or America or Australia. Baba’s reasoning apply to anywhere in the Universe. So through reasoning, we are able (or should be able once we quiet the ego) to channel our perspectives and align with an absolute. It is not about BEING absolute. It is about seeking and journeying towards it.

For example. Someone says its hot...someone else says its cold. Hot and cold are subjective. Just how a white person may think that some black folks are the gentlest, kindest person on earth, where some of us will call that person subservient. Again perspective. Remember, the MAJORITY, yes MAJORITY of slaveowners sincerely felt that they were doing Afrikans a service under the graces of Jesus by christianizing them and "subjecting them to servitude" as divinely authorized by the pope. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dum_Diversas) In their minds, they smiled while sitting in church with their children on Sunday.

*******Really, I was drawing on my own situation to try and understand what I thought was your suggestion that rasi is wrong/ selfish for focusing on his children instead of on AFRICOM or the violence in Mogadishu.******

Again, its him placing himself on a pedestal. Is what he’s doing BETTER than your service to your child? My child? My family and community? Is what he’s doing BETTER than your service to your community. For that matter why don’t you come on boasting about where you are and what you do? I think because you have a sense of humblestanding.

If you were following the boards a while back, I was rasi’s biggest fan. I really thought that after enough time there, he would have humbled and had an awakening. But sure enough, he comes a flaunting and boasting as if all of a sudden OUR problems are supposed to dissolve just because he is in never-neverland. Again, proof that physical transition means absolutely nothing. I said it before and I say it again. I think he is an obnoxious elitist acting prick.

*******I don't understand how you're referencing the Fresh Prince here, but agree with what I think you're saying.******

A person taken out of his element into an “improved” situation but brings his upbringing with him.

I don’t know of any deadbeat dads or moms on this board. So as far as I know, we all do what’s best for our children. So who deserves the biggest cookie?

BTW, I completely overstand what you mean by online privacy. I do apologize because indeed you were “wide open” back in the day...and if you recall I even expressed concern about it to you.
You won’t catch me on facespace.

Please continue to share input on the boards.

-always Sis.

BTW, I am trying to collect my thoughts to be able to respond to you about Fanon and the topic you brought forth.

Messages In This Thread

(of Ma'at)
Re: Simon I (of Ma'at)
Re: (of Ma'at) *LINK*
Rasalind

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com