AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: (of Ma'at)
In Response To: (of Ma'at) ()

*******With all that is going on in the world, and on the continent of Africa in particular since we are African liberationists here, how *should* InI govern ourselves from day to day? How should we express our discontent? Our outrage?*******

I am not one to say what one SHOULD say or do. All I ask and all I have ever asked of myself and others is to simply acknowledge and affirm truth. If that truth makes you cry, so be it...if that truth makes you laugh, so be it. But whatever you do, use truth as the guidance of your overstanding. Truth may hurt but it is interest-free. Denial has high interest and one simply pays more in the long run. But you definitely pay.

*******How do we situate ourselves within a global system of white supremacy? How do we work to subvert that system? Is it even possible to do so while living within and participating in that system?*******

Again, always acknowledge truth. Stay in practice so that it remains easy to decipher rubbish being fed to us for the purpose of our manipulation. There are no specific answers. There is only a specific mission. A specific mindset...NO MORE TRICKS.

Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me. We are being tricked over and over and over.

*******How should/ do we respond to the oppressive and genocidal policies of the governments of the countries in which we live? What should individuals do and how, to protest and oppose the wars?*******

Weed out lies.

*******Does any action ever *count*, or make a difference worth measuring, if it takes place on the micro/ local level? I struggle with all of these issues in a variety of ways. As a community worker, for example, I have often been concerned about negotiating my focus on the community and working for various forms of community development while also being a dedicated mother to my own son. Does/ should the *greater good* of the community ever take priority over my self as one parent of one child? Or is my individual responsibility to that one child my always and forever number one priority? It could be argued, that by making my son my number one priority before my work int he community, I *am* doing community work, because I'm ensuring that he will becomes the kind of young man who will be able to contribute to that community in valuable ways.*******

You...your son...your home...your street...your city...province...country...planet...galaxy...universe are ALL your comm-unity. You have responsibility in direct proportion to those available.

Your son has ONE mother...perhaps a father. At most that is 2 people responsible for him.

Your street may have 50 people. You have 1/50 responsibility.

Don't focus on the math. I am using that for an example of where your responsibilities lies. You as a mother should NEVER have to validate your motherhood. As I have told you before, motherhood is even metaphysical. You have given birth to me and nurtured (AND SCOLDED) me many times. I have felt it many times across the electrons of the internet.

*******I have respect for the bredren for following his convictions and taking actions to make what for him and his family has clearly been a positive and deeply significant change.*******

Its not what rasi is doing. It is his AUDACITY to judge others. Here on this board, he had the flagrancy to say who was or wasn’t a rasta when it is clearly him who simply buys into and uses all the conveniences of babylon.

I have yet to encounter a black panther or 5%er or another soldier who says "look what I'm doing. Why ain't you." That's immature.

Rasalind, imagine if in 3 months (dead of Quebec winter), I come on here with some "alla izza swell inna Los Angeles". "we had 65 degrees F
and I was at the beach. you should come. I helped give away some turkeys for thanksgiving. what are you doing for your people up there is miserable montreal??? come to LA.

Deservedly, someone like that should be reminded of the poisonous smog in the air and the looming giant earthquake that will eventually destroy the west coast.

There is not a single location in the Universe that is more blessed or sacred than another. If you believe the beloved Creator created it, then who dares rank them? Some people actually live healthier in Montreal or Nova Scotia than Aruba or Ghana.

There is not a single act on a certain part of the globe that is better than the same act on another part. We are immersed in hierarchical sensitivity of EVERYTHING. We try to rank everything. And that is a ploy of babylon and a major reason behind our continuous folly.

*******On the macro level struggle is constant. So does that mean we should all be miserable and never feel good? Should we give up on our individual little lives and families and communities and dedicate ourselves to experiencing no pleasure at all until the global system of white supremacy has been dismantled?********

No but don’t pee on me and tell me its raining. We are grown ups. This is not Peter Pan. This is a reasoning board. There is not much reasoning when you present some “everything’s okie dokie” when it plainly is not. We don’t have time for fairytales. I told people back in 08 that our emotions were being played against us by trumping this president in our faces. Pleasure has been used against humanity for far too long.

Feel-goodism (egotistical comfort) is the number one drug of humanity.

Our ancestors’ extraction from Afrika would have never been facilitated if it was not for the european pleasure principle derived from being a saved white person. And our continuous oppression into this new age is absolutely firmed entrenched upon our comforts. So although the monotheistic religions are slowly becoming obsolete, the mindset of white/singular/detached/male supremacy spiritually, mentally or physically is not changing by one iota.

If we accept any of the monotheistic doctrines (where the equal feminine is stripped of her divinity and demoted to runner-up), we buy into hierarchy. So how hard is it to understand why/how white/male supremacy has been such a successful implementation for so many years. And it continues today unabated because WE fuel it with our preconceived notions/prejudices/indoctrinations.

*******Your outrage about that, about all of the distractions and deception that keep us from dealing with things on the level of the macro, as far as I'm concerned, is absolutely the right human response. So what else do we do? Today? Tomorrow?*******

Let me clarify again. I am not criticizing anyone’s motives and/or actions. I am criticizing arrogance. I am criticizing elitism. I am criticizing someone who tells me that AN ENTIRE race of people are reactionary instead of proactive. That's the kind of negro miseducation you receive in HBCUs. That's why they established them. To make sure black stay amongst their own and with an inferior but serviceable uncompetitive education.

People like rasi are bred with elitist mindset. It is elitist to be a black person who not only goes to college but matriculates. It is elitist to be a valedictorian or summa cum laude. That is how Western society implants hierarchy into our psyche. Captain of the team...top of the class...top percentile...all ways to highlight hierarchy. These are the same ingredients that poison zionist/chosenists, saved, whites, males, aristocracy, priesthood, blood lineage, etc.

BUT, when you flaunt your actions. When you act like your feces doesn’t stink. When you tell everyone hey look at me. And when you come with some “everyting A-OK”, you need a serious reality check and an analysis of your obvious inferiority complex.

Sure, ones can sing “don’t worry be happy” but don’t spray sugar on feces and call it chocolate.

BE TRUTHFUL...acknowledge and affirm truth.

Rastafari, well at least REASONING, as presented by the owners of this website, is about addressing a struggle. So unfortunately, reasoning within the context of today's issues, is a discussion about uncomfortable, harmful, ugly, damaging issues. You are not discussing solutions singing Kuumbaya. That is why there has been issue with those who try to place Marley songs at the forefront compared to some more fire-borne icons.

The father of the rastafari movement is the raping seed of white/male supremacy upon Mother Afraka whether we can admit that or not.

King Leopold is our father.
King George is our father.
Pope Pius is our father.
Mussolini is our father.
Columbus is our father.
Massa is our father.
Willie Lynch is our father.
Jim Crow is our father.
Brzenzski is our father.

We must rise above our manifestation by way of these atrocities and become born again as we become Ausars by way of our Ausets.

Physical repatriation is counterproductive without spiritual and mental deprogramming a la the Fresh Prince in Bel-Air.

Messages In This Thread

(of Ma'at)
Re: Simon I (of Ma'at)
Re: (of Ma'at) *LINK*
Rasalind

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com