AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Counter-Racist Movie Review - Liberty Stands Still *LINK*

Liberty Stands Still is a movie in which Wesley Snipes plays a sniper (stop laughing) whose 7 or 8-year-old daughter was killed by a student who brought a gun to school. Linda Fiorentino plays "Liberty Wallace" heiress and co-president of the largest gun manufacturing corporation in America; Snipes and Fiorentino do a respectable job with the script they were given, they have chemistry… but something tells me with better writing this movie could have been a "contendah". I'm a fan of Wesley Snipes. Not just because he's about the only Black male that routinely gives beat downs to White men without cooning and cracking jokes… but because there is something about his posture that leads me to believe he understands 'codes'. Maybe it's the martial arts training, maybe it's the time spent in N.O.I… but something about his style is very codified. Linda Fiorentino who plays Liberty Wallace is pretty good but I would have experimented with some other White females for the part........

Notes on MECJ:

[Maximum-Emergency Compensatory Justice: is the willful deliberate elimination of one or more Racists (White Supremacists), through death, and, the willful and deliberate elimination of self, through death, by a victim of racism (non-white person), acting alone, acting according to a detailed plan, and acting only after he or she has judged that he or she can no longer endure the effects of Racism and/or that he or she is no longer able to effectively promote justice, except by eliminating one or more Racists, and by eliminating his or her self, as a subject to the racists.
Neely Fuller, Jr.]

With the exception of the issue of the hotdog stand vendor and a couple of other points, I think this was MECJ. Im going to step out on a limb and say that due to the nature of MECJ, its execution can never really be proven.

" Acting alone". And, you gotta die. When I first read the 'codebook' I had trouble with the concept because I had a poor understanding of balance and compensation due to my extremely ni*gerized existence. After some years of study I now understand all four words that define the concept: Maximum-Emergency Compensatory Justice. In the United Independent Compensatory Code/System Concept Neely Fuller has a section in which he deals with this concept I think the following quote sums up my point:

Maximum-Emergency Compensatory Justice is the most "honest" method of using counter violence to express very quickly and effectively, the concept that the use of violence by one person against another for unjust reasons, or objectives, must result in "waste" for both rather than "profit" for either.

In other words, when you all done, you gotta kill yourself too. No waitin around to collect a check, no hidin out till its all clear, no book or movie deals…its all over for you.

That's the balance. That makes it a true equation. To end the existence of another person through the use of violence and/or deceit DOES NOT PRODUCE JUSTICE. It is only a desperate act that proves Justice does not yet exist...... This is why I want Justice for all people all the time.

And you should too-------{Josh}.

http://www.counter-racism.com/analysis/moviereviews/liberty/index.html

Messages In This Thread

Counter-Racist Movie Review - Liberty Stands Still *LINK*
Re: Counter-Racist Movie Review - Liberty Stands S
Re: Counter-Racist Movie Review - Liberty Stands S
Secret
Re: Counter-Racist Movie Review - Liberty Stands S *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com