AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: 1763 Berbice Slave Uprising - Part One

I urge everyone to watch this documentary, including the people who don't like me personally for whatever reason - forget who posted it and just check out the documentary - I think it has a lot of lessons for us today in terms of how revolutions can succeed and how they can fail... note the contention between Cuffy (Kofi) who tried to emulate some aspects of the Dutch system even as he fought against it, and the African-born Atta who wanted no compromise with the Dutch at all... and note how the imperialists used the Carib amerindians against us in this case, just as they used us against the North American Indians as "buffalo soldiers" in the next century... "to divide and rule is their only plan"...

Messages In This Thread

1763 Berbice Slave Uprising - Part One *LINK*
1763 Berbice Slave Uprising - Part Two *NM* *LINK*
1763 Berbice Slave Uprising - Part Three *NM* *LINK*
Re: 1763 Berbice Slave Uprising - Part One *LINK*
Thankhs *NM*
Re: 1763 Berbice Slave Uprising - Part One

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com