AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Akhenaten & the birth of monotheism *LINK*

Many white scholars have contributed the birth of monotheism to Moses and men such as Abraham, and Muhamaad. The reality is that Akhenaten was the progenitor of monotheism. Akhenaten did away with the traditional gods and goddess of his native country Egypt. This radical change did not come about from outsiders, nor from being enslaved. Infact this came about during a time when Egypt was at her might and ruled by her indigenous people. Although Akhenaten's new religion and his God Aten would be abandoned after his death, the legend of monotheism would grow legs and tavel to regions of the world that would reshape this planet forever, and the God concept for thousands of years to come. Not only did Nubia and Egypt educate the Greeks, who in turn educated Europe, but we also gave them the one God conept. However like most things that invaders take from Egypt, they soon become corrupted by falling into the wrong hands.

Today's monotheism is not what Akhenaten had invisioned. He built his utopia city of Amarna for peace and love to worship the one God Aten. Peace and love was such a major componet to Akhenaten's new religion, that he neglected war to the extent, that Egypt began to loose her tribute from nations that once feared and respected her such as the Assyrians.

After Akhenaten's death his son Tutakhenaten would come to power. His name chaned to Tutakhamun returning back to the old Gods of Egypt as diplayed in his new name. The preist of Amun had pressured the young and inexpiereinced ruler to return back to the old Gods of Egypt. Without his father and mother "Akhenaten and Nefertiti to guide him any longer, the boy king eventually relented as expected. Finaly after years of a new religion that saw the pharoah and his Queen nefertiti stand side by side was now over.

What is left behind today are the memories of a Utopian society in a city in the Egyptian desert called Armana, who's founder is the true progenator of monotheism.

HIStory of Moses and Muhaamad is not MYstory. MYstory begins with Akhenaten and the Aten.

I give thanks to Akhenaten and Nefertiti for this glourious past, and bright way of the future.

May the Aten continue to shine bright over her children for eternity. To invaers that disk in the sky is called the sun. To my ancestors and my children it is called the Aten.

May the aten continue to shine upon us all, and leave footprints across the sky o seer of millions of years.

Oh Aten if I never write another word, let my final words be that of you and your awesome life giving energy. May your rays shine upon my face for eternity. At night I dream of your morning's return. For I am the living embodiement of you.

Messages In This Thread

Akhenaten & the birth of monotheism *LINK*
Re: Akhenaten's recorded prayer to Aten *LINK*
behold the man *LINK*
Re: behold the man *NM* *LINK*
The rebel pharoah 1 of 6 *NM* *LINK*
with all due respect . . .
Peace & Love
Re: Peace & Love
Thanks for your guidance & Love
Re: Thanks for your guidance & Love
Re: Greece & Love
Look forward to reasoning
Re: Look forward to reasoning *LINK*
Re: Look forward to reasoning
Re: Look forward to reasoning
Nefertiti Facial Reconstruction *NM* *LINK*
Horns of Moses? *LINK*
Re: Horns of Alexander the Great? *LINK*
"By the grace of Jupiter" *LINK*
Re: Horns of Alexander the Great?
Re: Horns of Moses?
Akhenaten-Akhenaton and the Myth of Monotheism *LINK*
Re: Akhenaten-Akhenaton and the Myth of Monotheism
sorry meant to say
Elohim = MULTIPLE [us,we,our]
Re: Elohim = MULTIPLE [us,we,our]
Re: Elohim = MULTIPLE [us,we,our]

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com