AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: A HUMANe Society
In Response To: Re: A HUMANe Society *LINK* ()

I'm not planning on purchasing a gun, there's a 5-year minimum sentence for being caught with a gun in this country. Not planning on purchasing a pit bull or any other pet either - I love animals but I'm not a pet person. I see your point as far as human manipulation of genetics for their own purposes and I often thought it a bit sad that the mighty timber wolf could be reduced to a yapping little chihuahua, but it ain't the animals' fault. Even if pit bulls are inherently dangerous, which I am by no means convinced of, the original article about the Iranian gov't was about them cracking down on dogs in general, not pit bulls in particular. Do you really think society is going to collapse because a few people want to own dogs? And speaking of breeds of dogs, aren't there breeds of dogs that were bred in Persia? So how is dog ownership "western decadence"? I think the Iranian gov't is just another oppressive government representing an elite, not the masses of the people, like the rest of the governments in the present-day world; the fact that they happen to be opposed to the dominant power in the world, which I am also opposed to, doesn't mean that I am on their side in any way. My enemy's enemy is not necessarily my friend.

Messages In This Thread

A HUMANe Society *LINK*
Re: A HUMANe Society *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com