AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

The Popeye Types - Time and Change

"Furthermore, the Egyptians relate in their myths that in the time of Isis there were certain creatures of many (huge) bodies, who are called by the Greeks Giants, but by themselves..., these being the men who are represented on their temples in monstrous form and as being cudgelled by Osiris. Now some say that they were born of the earth at the time when the genesis of living things from the earth was still recent, while some hold that they were only men of unusual physical strength who acheived many deeds and for this reason were described in the myths as of many bodies. But it is generally agreed that when they stirred up war against Zeus and Osiris they were all destroyed." Diodorus of Sicily Bk. 1

"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the SONS OF GOD came in unto the daughters of MEN, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men, which were of old, men of renown." Genesis 6, 4

Thus Hercules was a hybrid. This hybridization enabled the successful mating (3rd time lucky) between Hercules and the Cimmerian serpent maiden...

"The Greeks who dwell about the Pontus tell a different story. According to them, Heracles, when he was carrying off the cows of Geryon, arrived in the region which is now inhabited by the Scyths, but which was then a desert. Geryon lived outside the Pontus, in an island called by the Greeks Erytheia, near Gades, (translated Cadiz) which is beyond the Pillars of Heracles upon the Ocean...Heracles came from thence into the region now called Scythia, and being overtaken by storm and frost, drew his lion's skin about him, and fell fast asleep. While he slept, his mares, which he had loosed from his chariot to graze, by some wonderful chance disappeared. On waking, he went in quest of them, and, after wandering over the whole country, came at last to the district called "the Woodland," where he found in a cave a strange being, between a maiden and a serpent, whose form from the waist upwards was like a woman, while all below was like a snake. He looked at her wonderingly; but nevertheless inquired, whether she had chanced to see his mares anywhere. She answered him, "Yes, and they were now in her keeping; but never would she consent to give them back, unless he took her for his mistress."

So Heracles, to get his mares back agreed; but afterwards she put him off and delayed restoring the mares, since she wished to keep him with her as long as possible. He, on the other hand, was only anxious to secure them and to get away. At last, when she gave them up she said to him, "When thy mares strayed hither, it was I who saved them for thee: now thou hast paid their salvage; for lo! I bear in my womb three sons of thine. Tell me therefore when thy sons grow up, what must I do with them? Wouldst thou wish that I should settle them here in this land whereof I am mistress, or shall I send them to thee?" Thus questioned, they say, Heracles answered, "When the lads have grown to manhood, do thus, and assuredly thou wilt not err. Watch them, and when thou seest one of them bend this bow as I now bend it, and gird himself with this girdle thus, choose him to remain in the land. Those who fail in the trial, send away. Thus wilt thou at once please thyself and obey me."

Hereupon he strung one of his bows - up to that time he had carried two - and showed her how to fasten the belt. Then he gave both bow and belt into her hands. Now the belt had a golden goblet attached to its clasp. So after he had given them to her, he went his way; and the woman, when her children grew to manhood, first gave them severally their names. One she called Agathyrsus, one Gelonus, and the other, who was the youngest, Scythes. Then she remembered the instructions she had received from Heracles, and in obedience to his orders, she put her sons to the test. Two of them, Agathysrus and Gelonus, proving unequal to the task enjoined, their mother sent them out of the land; Scythes, the youngest, succeeded and so he was allowed to remain. From Scythes, the son of Heracles, were desecended the after kings of Scythia; and from the circumstance of the goblet which hung from the belt, the Scythians to this day wear goblets at their girdles. This was the only thing which the mother of Scythes did for him. Such is the tale told by the Greeks who dwell around the Pontus." Herodotus; Bk IV

Messages In This Thread

ALL NON-AFRICANS PART NEANDERTHAL,GENETICS CONFIRM *NM* *LINK*
Karibkween, this is what you've been saying . . .
Re: ALL NON-AFRICANS PART NEANDERTHAL,GENETICS CON
Re: ALL NON-AFRICANS PART NEANDERTHAL,GENETICS CON *LINK*
What the Ancients Knew *LINK*
Persuasive Advertising and Unnatural Selection *LINK*
Re: Persuasive Advertising and Unnatural Selection *NM* *LINK*
The Popeye Types - Time and Change
Re: Persuasive Advertising and Unnatural Selection *LINK*
Re: Persuasive Advertising and Unnatural Selection
Eclipsed by the Dark and Hairless? *LINK*
Re: Eclipsed by the Dark and Hairless? *LINK*
Re: Eclipsed by the Dark and Hairless? *LINK*
Re: What the Ancients Knew *LINK*
Re: What the Ancients Knew
When we know better, we should do better.
Who God Bless, No Man Curse *LINK*
Re: Who God Bless, No Man Curse *LINK*
A Memorial before Death; A Prodigal's last Hooray *LINK*
Re: What the Ancients Knew *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com