AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

It Would Be Nice if We All Could Cool Our Temper

I hope you do humblestand I was talking to and advising all the Posters and not just you, to respect each other while reasoning. We the Elders do think that when people are reasoning there is much laughter, as a result of the pleasant manner in which the verbal presentations are made, relating to the issues, without any form of verbal abuse, for verbal abuse can be felt internally, and the person or persons who feels it, will retaliate in the same manner or worse, so, instead of a reasoning for edification and healing, it becomes what we use to call a Cult Battle and a argument, instead of a nourishment for our minds.

Now please do not get me wrong, I am enjoying the reasoning, but I am opposed to the verbal abuse of each other, although you are all breathing the same fresh air, which is being supplied by the Universe, even while the verbal abuse continues. We can all express ourselves with different opinions, without abusing each other verbally.

I was fortunate enough, to be chosen as an observer, when Rastafari people was to meet with Norman Washington Manley, the Prime Minister of Jamaica and the University of the West Indies. at his East Race Course Office in Kingston Jamaica.

After probing the Rastafari people's Movement to find out what was the true cause of our people, and to try to quench the tention as a result of police brutilities and other tentions like false imprisonment, it was desided that the Government of Jamaica should meet with the Rastafari people and reason about their disatisfactions as well as their true cause.

Apart from I as the Nyabinghi observer, there were three otherRases, they were Morimer Planner, Douglas Mack and Philmore Alveranga who were Rases from Eastern Kingston. Mortimer Planner and myself, were the only Dreadlocks in the room at the meeting. There were also other black people in the meeting who can be described as Pan Africans as well as Doctor Roy Aujier. The topic for their discussion, was the possibilty of Migration to Ethiopia and other African countries. While the cause of Rastafari people was and still is Repatriation, you take away a race of people from their Motherland and enslaved them for hundeds of years, the following generation have the right to call for Repatriation, whether it takes place now or later on.

When the meeting began, I ask the Prime Minister, Norman Washington Manley if he think that the cause of Repatriation is a Justified cause, and his reply to me was you must know if it is a justified cause or not, Manley was sitting to my right at the head of the table, I was sitting in the middle of the table facing Roy Augier, so,I immediately ask Roy Augier the same question, do you think the cause of Repatriation is a justified cause, he hesitated to answer one way or another, but the problem here is that the Rases and other PAN Africans who were in the room, did not reinforce my question, because the topic to be discussed in their minds were, what are the possibilities of Rastafari people migration to Africa. So, they continued their reasoning, about a governmental mission to Africa, to investigate the possibilities of migration.

So, they continued their meeting until they were finished, but I did not say any thing else in that meeting. So, the government paid the expenses for their mission to Africa, seeking out the possibilities of migration, and they selected a member of government Dr Leslie, as the head of the mission. Well they visted many African countries and all the leaders of those countries welcome them as blood brothers, That was one of the headlines in Daily Gleaner which was the main News Paper at that time. So, they returned from the mission and not long after the government changed, and that was the end of all that excitement. But the Rastafari people are still here agitating for Repatriation, whether it takes place now or later years it is our right. It is quite alright if some people do not agree with us, we just cannot agree on everything, but we must try to get along as a people, regardless of our disagreements Take the best care of yourself and your people.
Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination to African people everywhere.
ONE BLACK HEART ONE BLACK LOVE
Baba Ras Marcus.
Take the best care of yourself and your

Messages In This Thread

The Qaddafi I Know: The Good, the Bad, and the Wes *NM* *LINK*
Re: The Qaddafi I Know: The Good, the Bad, and the *LINK*
Re: The Qaddafi I Know: The Good, the Bad, and the
if U say so, not in my book though *NM*
Re: if U say so, not in my book though
Re: if U say so, not in my book though
I don't need your approval
Re: I don't need your approval
Re: I don't need your approval
Re: The Qaddafi I Know: The Good, the Bad, and the *NM* *LINK*
Re: The Qaddafi I Know: The Good, the Bad, and the *NM* *LINK*
No not at all *LINK*
America not Africa, has your 40 Acres & Mule *LINK*
Epitome of negro slave mentality *LINK*
Isn't Ma'at wonderful; gotta have balance *NM* *LINK*
Re: Epitome of negro slave mentality
Re: America not Africa, has your 40 Acres & Mule
Re: America not Africa, has your 40 Acres & Mule
The World Is Full Of Various Beliefs
Re: The World Is Full Of Various Beliefs
Sitting on the River Stone... *LINK*
Re: Sitting on the River Stone...
Re: Sitting on the River Stone... *LINK*
Con un montón de sueños rotos *LINK*
Wave yuh Flag; Flag Man *LINK*
we do everyday in mama africa *NM* *LINK*
How's that copyright lawsuit going? *LINK*
Songwriting by osmosis *LINK*
Re: How's that copyright lawsuit going?
Where is your sense of humour? *NM*
if humor was intended...pole sana *NM*
It Would Be Nice if We All Could Cool Our Temper
Re: It Would Be Nice if We All Could Cool Our Temp
Wher You Are Told To Go By The Spirit You Will Go
Re: America not Africa, has your 40 Acres & Mule *LINK*
Rosewood, Greenwood, now Seneca *LINK*
Re: America not Africa, has your 40 Acres & Mule *NM* *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com