AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Rastafari International Theocracy Assemble.

The Rastafari International Theocracy Assemble (RITA) as well as the Rasta Voice which was a regular Rastafari People's Magazine, and News publication about the life and tribulations of Rastafari People and African people in general, was also housed at twenty six and a half Mark Lane in Kingston Jamaca West Indies. This was a place where Rastafari people from everywhere, would stop and pay a visit from time to time, on a daily basis, to get the Rasta Voice or to deliver or get some kind of information, about a planned meeting, or a Nyabinghi Assemble which was coming up soon, at a given venue.

Indeed this shop was considered to be an African Village Center, when you consider that Rastafasri people who are African Liberators, and ordinary African people who were trying to help themselves and their families, would gather at this small
shop from day to day, to do business and to have community discussions, about their living conditions, and about what could be done to make life better, for them and their families.

To be very truthful, this was the greatest united front which I have witness in my lifetime, as it relates to economical advancemant among black people in the Island of Jamaica. People who were known as casual and domestic workers and were being given modern slave wages, used their self determination and became business owners, who travelled abroad, taking goods with them, which they sell abroad for a profit, and using the money which they acquired for selling those goods, and buy goods in those Foreign countries and trade them for money when they return home, and gradually build up their business, until they were able to create employment for others, to take care of their business, whenever they had to travel to buy goods in other countries.

The Vending business became so big and widely scattered across the Island of Jamaica, and was also spreading to other small Islands in the West Indies, that the governments of the day was forced to recognize the great efforts, which were made by the poorer people in the Island of Jamaica, to make life better for themselves, and was force to build some Arcades for the Vendors, since the merchants in front of who's stores the vendors would set up there goods, and do business there on a daily basis, were complaining about the situation and demanded that the government, get these vendors off the street side walks infront of their stores.

I really cannot tell what is taking place now among the vendors since what I am telling you about, took place more than twenty years ago, and since at that time I was a eye witness of all of the above, but since then, the powers of this great Universe has transferred me to another part of this earth to continue to learn and teach.

In concluding this article, I would just like to say, that black people should really be proud of themselves, for the economical advancemant which they pursued for themselves, during the seventies and the eighties, and I do hope that they are still pursuing these same goals, which is much more important than fighting among ourselves and end up in the jails and prisons of the slave masters.

I am very pleased with my people for that work which they did and do hope that they will continues to build a better economical foundation, and then pass the baton of self determination and prosperity, from generation to generation. Take the best care of your people.
Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination to African people everywhere.
ONE BLACK HEART ONE BLACK LOVE.
Baba Ras Marcus.

Messages In This Thread

Ras Iyapert African Liberator Has Passed
Re: Ras Iyapert African Liberator Has Passed
Re: Ras Iyapert African Liberator Has Passed *LINK*
The Remains Of Ras Iyapert Was Put To Rest
ATribute To Ras Iyapert African Liberator.
Re: ATribute To Ras Iyapert African Liberator.
Re: ATribute To Ras Iyapert African Liberator.
Re: ATribute To Ras Iyapert African Liberator. *LINK*
There Are Important Lessons To Be Learned
Tribute To African Liberators Everywhere.
Re: Tribute To African Liberators Everywhere.
Rastafari International Theocracy Assemble.
Re: Rastafari International Theocracy Assemble.
Re: Rastafari International Theocracy Assemble.
Ras Historian African Liberator Has Passed Away.
Re: Ras Historian African Liberator Has Passed Awa
Ras Historian Is Worthy Of Some Tribute
Re: Ras Historian Is Worthy Of Some Tribute
Re: Ras Historian Is Worthy Of Some Tribute
Miss United Vendors Association
A Poetical Tribute To Ras Historian.
Ras Historian Remains Is Now Released For Burial.
Re: Ras Historian Remains Is Now Released For Buri
Ras Historian Remains Buried.
Re: A Poetical Tribute To Ras Historian.
Hoping All Is Well With You..

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com