AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Tribute To African Liberators Everywhere.

Twenty six and a half Mark Lane, is situated just below East Queen Street, in Kingston Jamaica West Indies. There is a little shop there which manage to be come very Historic place as it relate to the struggles of black people, for economic survival during the 1970s and 1980s.

It became a very Historic place, because it was the Headquarters of The United Vendors Association where Vendors from all over the Island of Jamaica, would visit on a daily basis, to make complains about any problems which the encounter while doing business, to seek advice on various business matters, to get assistance in the preparation of their travelling documents, to complain about their last lugauge on the planes, to get their United Vendors Identification card, with their picture on it, and to seek general solutions, for whatever problems which came about during active days in business.

Ras Historian was the President of the United Vendors Association and Ras Iyapert (Rupert) was the main advisor and Consultant within the association. Ras Iyapert was also actively helping vendors to acquire their visas to travel abroad by legal consultations, and each time that a vendor became successful in acquiring his or her visa, they share the information of success with others, and that was also very helpful in making the United Vendors Association sucessful and large.

The Association would have Monthly Meetings at the Coke Methodist Church, which is just five minutes walk from the Mark Labe Headquarters of the Association, since it is also on Mark Lane.At the meetings Ras Historian(Eric Clement) and Ras Iyapert would preside over the meetings, and would often invite representatives from the Airline, Chamber of Commerce and others, to hearthe complaints of the vendors and to help to find solutions for those problems which were solvable. One Airline as I remember, gave five travelling tickets to the Association, to send observers to Curacao, to observe the living conditions under which vendors live in Hotels when they travel there. The observers were able to meet with the Governor and other officials, and had fruitful discussions relating to the problems involved. The observers were also taken to the Free Zone to observe how vendors were treated while shopping at the Free Zone.

Everything which I witness cannot be mentioned in this article, but the main point which I am trying to make, is that the United Vendors Association, was very helpful in the economic upliftment of African people in Jamaica in the past, and that this Association was established and administered by Rastafari People, with the United assistance of African people across the Island of Jamaica. I would also like to make it very clear, that Ras Historian and Ras Iyapert were the main administrators with help from other Rastafari people. There were other African people who were helpful but if I try to call any more names here, I would not be able to bring this article to its conclusion which is what I intend to do now. The pictures of Ras Historian and Ras Iyapert is above this article, let us pay respect to them by just taking a good look at them. Take the best care of your people.
Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination to African people everywhere.
ONE BLACK HEART ONE BLACK LOVE.
Baba Ras Marcus.

Messages In This Thread

Ras Iyapert African Liberator Has Passed
Re: Ras Iyapert African Liberator Has Passed
Re: Ras Iyapert African Liberator Has Passed *LINK*
The Remains Of Ras Iyapert Was Put To Rest
ATribute To Ras Iyapert African Liberator.
Re: ATribute To Ras Iyapert African Liberator.
Re: ATribute To Ras Iyapert African Liberator.
Re: ATribute To Ras Iyapert African Liberator. *LINK*
There Are Important Lessons To Be Learned
Tribute To African Liberators Everywhere.
Re: Tribute To African Liberators Everywhere.
Rastafari International Theocracy Assemble.
Re: Rastafari International Theocracy Assemble.
Re: Rastafari International Theocracy Assemble.
Ras Historian African Liberator Has Passed Away.
Re: Ras Historian African Liberator Has Passed Awa
Ras Historian Is Worthy Of Some Tribute
Re: Ras Historian Is Worthy Of Some Tribute
Re: Ras Historian Is Worthy Of Some Tribute
Miss United Vendors Association
A Poetical Tribute To Ras Historian.
Ras Historian Remains Is Now Released For Burial.
Re: Ras Historian Remains Is Now Released For Buri
Ras Historian Remains Buried.
Re: A Poetical Tribute To Ras Historian.
Hoping All Is Well With You..

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com