AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Rastafari; For Whites???
In Response To: Re: Rastafari; For Whites??? ()

Thank you again for you reply. However it did not answer the question I asked but has probably raised some more, though I do acknowledge your intention. There are so many aspects to your response that I have taken into account and would further like to discuss with you.

There is much of what you said that I agree with and would never doubt:

(((“in the process of making non'white' people subject to them, those 'white' persons who participate in the practice of WHITE SUPREMACY do so through the greatest and most sophisticated use of deceit, direct violence and/or the threat of violence, ever devised by people, among the people of the known universe.”)))

((((white supremacy) “is now the dominant socio-material force among the people of the known universe. no major problem(s) in the areas of Economics, Education, Entertainment, Labor, Law, Politics, RELIGION, Sex or War can be solved as long as 'white' supremacy exists.”)))

I do not deny that ‘white supremacy’ still exists.
I do not deny and am not blind to the fact that ‘black’ people and ‘non-whites’ have been Subjected to and Subjugated by ‘white supremacists’ for centuries. ‘White supremacists’ did subject ‘non-whites’ to Inhumane Acts of Injustice, from the most Brutal and Barbaric, to the most Sneaky and Deceitful, that is unquestionable.
It is not difficult to see that wealthy, ‘white’ men still persist to Rule today. It is not difficult to see that they are still succeeding in their attempts to Steal, Exploit and Destroy or Corrupt almost EVERYTHING (Commodity & Life & Quality of Life) from the rest of the world, to Benefit the Western world. It is easy for me to see that there are certainly ‘white supremacists’ that, still today, take advantage of and cause major injustice to ‘non-whites’ for Power, Profit and Selfish Pleasures. This in itself describes the wickedness, greed and ‘inhumanity’ in Western mentality.

There is one very important aspect of your response, however, which I must refute:

(((“…referred to as RACISM, and more specifically refered to as "white supremacy".)))

(((“WHITE SUPREMACY (RACISM)”)))

‘White supremacy’ and ‘Racism’.
Are these really the SAME thing?
In whichever way you choose to look at it, is one not merely a product of the other?

RACISM
I believe that ‘white supremacy’ is a product of Racism, pure and simple. Racism, or specifically ‘white supremacy’ is the Reality in which the present world is wrongly based on and I believe that it still exists due to the very real presence of two very UNREAL notions:
1.One race (because of origin or description) is ‘superior’ or ‘inferior’ to another.
2.One race (because of power or wealth) is ‘superior’ or ‘inferior’ to another.
I have put these two notions in their simplest terms but I think there are many forms, factors, products and consequences of Racism. Racism is too wide a topic to define it solely as ‘white supremacy’. To thoroughly discuss the definition or concept of racism now would take far too long, however ‘Racism’, in my opinion, is one of the many notions Humanity has been affected by since ‘eating the forbidden fruit’. ‘Racism’ was developed by Humanity to support sins such as WRATH, GREED, ACEDIA, ENVY & PRIDE. There are those who commit these sins, ‘white’ or ‘non-white’. There are those who do not commit these sins, ‘white’ or ‘non-white’. Are we not based on Actions and Content of Character rather than by Race or ‘colour’ of skin.
Now if I am wrong, and Racism IS a product of ‘white supremacy’ then this sinful notion has surely spread to a lot of ‘non-whites’ too:

Four months ago, in the area that I live in, a ‘white’ man, who I personally knew to be a good man, was stabbed and hospitalised by a group of ‘black’ youths purely because he is ‘white’. They stabbed him in the Back and the Torso several times, almost killing him, leaving him paralysed TILL THE DAY HE DIES. Now in no way am I comparing this to the repressive physical and mental torture and imprisonment that ‘non-white’ people have endured for past centuries due to ‘white supremacy’. However I do want to know what your view is about this. If only ‘white’ people are racist then what is this? Is this not still Racism? or do you see it as ‘Payback’?

((("do not assume that any (white) person is not a racist because you have 'known' him or her a long time. do not assume that a (white) person is not a racist because you have been intimate with him or her. do not assume that a (white) person is not a racist because you have sexual intercourse with him or her. do not assume that a (white) person is not a racist because or the 'personal favors' that he or she has done for you.")))

(((“FOR THESE REASONS, IT IS IMPORTANT THAT EACH AND EVERY NON-WHITE PERSON BE CONSTANTLY SUSPICIOUS OF EVERYTHING THAT A SUSPECTED RACIST SAYS OR DOES, THIS SUSPICION OF SUSPECTED RACIST SHOULD BE DOMINANT WHEN LOOKING AT, OR HEARING ABOUT, ANYTHING THAT THEY SAY, OR DO, IN ANY AREA OF ACTIVITY, INCLUDING ECONOMICS, EDUCATION, ENTERTAINMENT, LABOR, LAW, POLITICS, RELIGION, SEX AND WAR.”)))

I am not quite sure about what you have said here.
Are you saying that every ‘white’ person is a ‘Suspected’ Racist?
I do believe that the past centuries living in a world of ‘white supremacy’ has probably caused an innate/inborn, programmed idea of ‘superiority’ over other races, in many ‘white’ people. Maybe in most. But NOT in all. Every single person in the Human race is different. Everyone perceives something in a different way. Every man can make up his own mind. Now if an idea is Programmed can it not be Reprogrammed, maybe even easier than it was programmed in the first place.
What I am trying to get across here is if you are asking all ‘non-whites’ to be ‘cautious’ or ‘suspicious’ of all ‘whites’ then are you not just delaying the solution?
If Humanity is finally moving closer together, why are you trying to pull them apart?

I am not saying we should forget about racism or the injustice that has been caused for too many years. I am saying we should Learn from it. and the one’s that have learnt from it should teach from it.
If a man sincerely regrets or repents then he will become a better man.
Could we not relate this to ALL of mankind?(‘white’ and ‘black’)

Sorry about the long reply. I had a lot to say.
Please reply again.
PEACE

Messages In This Thread

Rastafari; For Whites???

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com