AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Nigeria's agony dwarfs the Gulf oil spill. *LINK*

Thanx; I thought of posting a link after I read it but I didn't believe too many of our current posters would appreciate its significance. I am from a petroleum exporting nation and the heart break is much worse when you are victimized by your own. Up until last week May 24, 2010 the Prime Minister of T'n'T, a geologist, had been in collusion with the various petroleum consuming countries and their representative oil companies to destroy the little island nation of Trinidad.

The island is experiencing serious soil liquefaction as evidenced by the appearance of several active mud volcanoes. Trinidadians aren't even aware of the threats they represent. While we've been focused on the BP's rig another rig sunk in the Gulf of Paria off the coast of Venezuela. The same Gulf which now separates Trinidad from Venezuela both of which were at one time connected as evidenced by their geology, in particular their large asphalt lakes. Folklore tells of an entire community being swallowed up by the lake in Trinidad.

So what we have is an already unstable land mass being made more unstable by the petroleum extraction process which necessitates pumping copious amounts of water into the soil. There has also been an increase in earthquakes which merely adds more fuel to an out of control fire. I'm hoping that the new Prime Minister knows something about geology or employs a team of geologist as members of her cabinet and begin immediately to remedy what appears to be a dire situation. Even though I think the Jinn is out the bottle and Trinidad is destined to be another sacrifice at the altar of King Petroleum. See Link

MUD VOLCANOES OF TRINIDAD

http://www.gstt.org/teaching/mud%20volcanoes.htm

Messages In This Thread

Nigeria's agony dwarfs the Gulf oil spill. *NM* *LINK*
Re: Nigeria's agony dwarfs the Gulf oil spill.
The Jinn is already out of the bottle! *LINK*
A probable future for Trinidad *LINK*
Re: A probable future for Trinidad *LINK*
Re: A probable future for Trinidad *LINK*
Peak Oil?
Re: Peak Oil?
The common denominator is Methane... *LINK*
Re: The common denominator is Methane... *LINK*
Re: Nigeria's agony dwarfs the Gulf oil spill. *NM* *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com