AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

"evidence" of Selassie Swiss Bank account? *LINK*

Greetings and Raspect.

I Have been trying to do some research into the infamous claim that Selassie-I had millions hidden away in a Swiss bank account, so often one of the most common and repeated slanders made about HIM.
At first I found reasonable discussion that there was no evidence for this claim, first put forward by the Derg in order to discredit His Majesty.

Howver I have just now come across a few articles on the net relating to a report in a popular Swiss Magazine: "Schweizer Illustrierte", [dated November 11, 1991] which had done and expose' into leaders of "developing" (their words!) nations and the money they had stashed away there.
In the article they name Selassie as one of 14 leaders, having an account of 22.5 billion Swiss Francs.

Here is a link to the article:

http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/story.aspx?title=Who+will+probe+first+family%E2%80%99s+billions?&artid=YUdlGCl|6Io=&type=

Also copied at the bottom here. The article includes a photo of the original magazine story. (This is an article from an Indian paper as one of those disclosed is of the Ghandi family).

I have also have found this Facebook group of Ethiopians starting a little campaign I guess to find the truth and have the money returned to Ethiopia/ Their link is here:

http://nn-no.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129268791577

Now I just wondered if any ones on here have ever heard of this evidence before, or know anymore about this story. Ie. when it first came to light in 1991 ??
I would love to read the original article or see the evidence for it as it strikes me, firstly, with the Total protective secrecy surrounding Swiss Banking, how the magazine had access to this information? How did they uncover it?
Also as it only names leaders of poorer nations, and many of those no longer around when the article was published to defend themselves (Shah Pelhvi of Persia, Rajiv Ghandi etc etc...)
was this the reason they were able to gain the information, ie. old inactive accounts ? Or was it an easy hype article with little comeback being as many of those named were no longer around to defend themselves ? They didn't try to name currrent World leaders for example of Western nations !

I would be grateful for ones views on this as this is the first I have ever been aware of any factual "evidence" being put forward regarding the claim that Selassie had money hidden in a Swiss Bank account.
I wondered if others knew of this and how to defend this claim against HIM.

Greatest Love and Raspect as we celebrate HIM works this anniversary week of HIM Coronation.

Love and Humblest Raspect.

Africa and Africans 1st

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com