AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

so how do we resist babylon... specifically?
In Response To: Re: Complicity ()

How about getting more specific... OK, so we are complicit (to one extent or another) in babywrong system... so how do we get out of that complicity and destroy babywrong and replace it with a more viable/humane/animal-and-plant-etc.-ane order?
In Guyana when the Rastafari movemant started to take off there (70s,80s), lots of Rasta took the approach of going back to the land, living off food they planted, wearing clothes they made, etc... basically trying to divorce themselves from babywrong as much as possible... and many still aspire to this ideal and live up to it to varying degrees... for eg. a bredren I know will not wear a single item of clothing that he has not made himself... there are many positives to this approach BUT a lot of these kind of "utopian" communities didn't really fully live up to the ideas they aspired to, or rather as they became more popular started to attract people who weren't as fully committed to the ideas, wanted to grow herb for commerce instead of personal use, bringing in the money ting and the gangster ting and etc... and also, how does this engage with the problems of the many people who are still in the urban ghettoes? The internet cafe is closing now so I am not getting the chance to get my point across as well as I would like, but hopefully I've said enough that y'all can take it from here... check in tomorrow... good night and bless up.

Messages In This Thread

Africa: The Final Investing Frontier
Re: Africa: The Final Investing Frontier *NM* *LINK*
In the words of the head Jew
Re: Africa: The Final Investing Frontier
Parasite-ism
How r Africans in the diaspora equally guilty?
Re: How r Africans in the diaspora equally guilty?
Re: How r Africans in the diaspora equally guilty?
I manage to get by without a mobile phone...
Complicity
Re: Complicity
so how do we resist babylon... specifically?
We resists by becoming Empaths. *LINK*
That's all well and good...
Re: I manage to get by without a mobile phone...
Re: Parasite-ism
Gang Rape
MASS REPATRITION IS A MUST!
Re: MASS REPATRITION IS A MUST!
Re: MASS REPATRITION IS A MUST!
Re: Parasite-ism *NM* *LINK*
India wont be outdone *LINK*
Mabby ya go censer this 1 2....
Did anyone take the time to view the program?
my 2cents
Re: Africa: The Final Investing Frontier *LINK*
Re: Africa: The Final Investing Frontier *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com