AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: What Ible?
In Response To: Re: What Ible? *LINK* ()

I think that many bibles that white people cannonised have been corrupted,thats all.I beleive that most of them are based on getting away from the roman church and,maybe I'm wrong,but I think that the roman church did as good a job as they could making sure that the only version of the bible around was theirs.Seems like all these other white churches came after RC.To me,then I sight that they are all still basing their cannonisation (which is an edition)on the RC version,thats their template.
I realy appreciate that you are suggesting that I be my own person within this but I think you may be misinterpreting where I am coming from.Iam not asking ones because I dont allready know to a degree what I think on the subject, but am more interested in what others think and what they think specifically for themselves.
Its the same for the bible,I dont re-read it x amount of times because I am coming from a,'I'm not sure of what I beleive',standpoint.Its not polarised as much as that.I dont NEED the bible because that would entail that I cant think for myself without it so need to run read it to figure out what direction or attittude I should take in life.I dont go read from a place of lack,a place that says I am lost without the next answer.I see it as a book which has equal wisdom to what I allready posses inside myself whether conscious or unconscious.Same way for indigenous cultures who dont use bible.
It is not the ultimate source of schooling me,I AM.Its just a reference.I dont worship it.I read it because I might find different insights to what I allready know, or think I know(ie.Beleive).Otherwise,I would be making it- MY teacher, and me- ITS(its a dead object really)student.There would be no real honest relationship between me and bible because I would think 'it' is doing something,but in reality,'it' does nothing.Basically,I'm saying that I create what I want from this place in me that has information allready and read the information through in the book and interprt through what I allready beleive and take on what I want.EVERYTHING that goes on when reading a book,is going on with you,NOTHING is going on when reading a book.Bible doesnt interact with me like a human can.SO,when communicating with another human being there is an interaction,theres 'a bouncing off' of ideas.If I come with the attitude that 'I come to teach' then I have immediately suggested that I have all the information on the subject I wish to teach.If someone says I am interested to learn something about your self,they are not neccessarily coming to say- 'please teach me'.
'I will teach' attittude normally comes from an attittude of 'I know best'.Really,people are just sharing ideas or their experience when coming from an equal footing.
Not everything boils down to a 'bottom line' for me.Questions are not in a- problem...solution reality as such.
That sort of reasoning seems to come from a western academic/schoolastic perception of heirachy.I notice you say 'case and point' a bit.I may,of course,be wrong in your context,but often that sort of denotes an attittude of- 'my support material(case) and the statement I have made(point) are correct so thats it, Iam right.'
Can you see from this perspective that it sounds really westernised and 'euro' cultured academic understanding of interaction.Like youre- 'right' in a debate,like you 'win'?

Anyway,if I have mis-interpreted you then its not that hard considering we are typing words on a screen a long way away,so bless up General.
More life...

Messages In This Thread

Rastafari and the Bible..
Re: Rastafari and the Bible..
up yours judie
Re: up yours judie
Re: up yours judie
What place does that comment have...
you are 100% correct gman *NM*
Re: wot no apology?
Arabic Apology anyone? *LINK*
I didn't even realize at first lol *LINK*
Baiting? *LINK*
Re: Baiting?
I play Keeper
Re: I play Keeper
Higher Heights *LINK*
Not so loud
Bredz...
PS
Re: PS
Are u a paranoid schizophrenic? *NM*
perhaps, doc...you tell me
Re: perhaps, doc...you tell me
You are correct *LINK*
Re: You are correct
Hmmmmm I see *NM*
word/power *NM*
welcome yishay
Re: welcome yishay
word/power to your self/truth *NM*
Re: Rastafari and the Bible.. *LINK*
What Ible?
Re: What Ible? *LINK*
Bless you simon
Re: seems like the thing to do*NM* *NM*
Each man to his own fig tree
Yes empress 5 days a week
Re: Yes empress 5 days a week
Thankyou Bless Up *NM*
Ible book of prophecy
General-yahanna-Blasts-Egyptology *LINK*
same with Itiopia...MENELYK MURDERED OROMO
DNT B MD
Re: DNT B MD
homeless wandering bums
Actualy I can do better
mission accomplished...
YAWN.....anyways
Memories
Thankyou
can I ask a favor
Re: can I ask a favor
you are a king *NM*
Re: YAWN.....anyways
Re: YAWN.....anyways *LINK*
I love it *NM*
Great Work Disciple *NM*
I knew you were a true prophetess
Re: I knew you were a true prophetess *LINK*
Re: I knew you were a true prophetess
Bless you prophetess *NM*
Re: I knew you were a true prophetess *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com