AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: O DISCIPLE
In Response To: Re: O DISCIPLE ()

JUDAH,

Faith is a sustainer,but not the changer.One has faith in what they beleive.Its like the vehicle youre driving in.
A person does not need to have faith when they know something.
Faith is a test to see if what one hypothesizes IN, is actually the end result or conclusion-which is where you find out what is the highest state there IS for your experience at that time(in 'God/self' for example).

See,some can talk about finding out who was really RIGHT 'in the end' when it comes to God/Spirit,or who was WRONG,but that is just THEM saying that THEIR present state of what APPEARS 'RIGHT', for THEM, is right all over, and for EVERYBODY else.

See,some can say they KNOW,but what they know may be a real and absolute experience of knowing,like KNOWING that it will rain for two hours on tuesday or that a nation will war against a nation 'out of the blue',allmost totally unexpected.They KNOW,no TV,heresay,newspapers,no intellectualising no thinking they feel the one ALL and KNOW.

In this idea of 'TO KNOW',there is a floor because to say that one KNOWS all is to say that the Universe has limits,that 'God' has limits,that everything has allready been created and can now be known.How can God eternal that 'begats itself' be truly KNOWN in its entirity?There is creating,so there is change,so there must be a KNOWING that is ever evolving and not a static KNOW.This just an idea Ive thought of for a while.

Problem that can arise with the Faith virtue is that it can be used to NOT be open to change and open up to other beleif systems which may make ones communion with God/Self more close.
See,your earthly mother and father probably had at least some ideas about you, and how people 'should be'ect. that you did not agree with,right?
When you try to talk to them about looking at things a different way they might have said NO thats the way things are or go and so on,and they were completely convicted to their beleifs.
Some would say 'set in their ways'.They had FAITH in their beleifs.
So,you may,from your experience have felt the relief of doing away with certain beleifs that your parents or peers seem to have had.So you might try and share with them a way to create more ease for their lives.
The problem I sight with 'FAITH' is that, rigidly clinging as tight as possible to a certain beleif,so tight that you cant even let go for a second to even answer questions and really talk about other alternatives,is detrimental.It actually shows fear more than anything.Notice whenever you have a convincing point of veiw to someone who is desperately clasping to their beliefs/faith,how when they feel threatened they lash out at you or tell you theres something wrong with you and you are BAD?
Christians(not all) use the same tactic when they get scared of loosening up their tight grip and call people devil worshippers or misguided sheep and say that others are trying to undermine their 'FAITH'ect.

The carnal mind is about the attachment(gripping tight) to polarities or dualities.GOOD/BAD,RIGHT/WRONG,HEAVEN/HELL,COLD/HOT ect.There is probably not one word in languge that doesnt have an opposite (or opposing thing that is equivolent).Hell,if anything is an internal state.Dont get me wrong,choose what you think is 'right',choose what you feel is beautiful or pleasant.Only the individual can decide.

People who feel comfortable in their faith dont really need to fight but still can be actively engaged and allow their own minds to be challenged.Having faith, to me,is about holding to something but still remaining open to that 'something more' that just may be that peice that youre looking for to fit in the jigsaw puzzle that fullfils your life and fuels beleif into a KNOWING.
When your scared and youre little you grip the hand railing when going down the stairs,pretty tight.When you grow and feel stronger you let go of it but know that it is there if you slip.Faith could be a hand rail but beleif could be how you hold your feet,change your angle of beleif and you may be more sturdy on your feet then you move with more confidence and surity.
Just some ideas JUDAH,

more life and more enjoyment of natures grace to you.Bless...

Messages In This Thread

Should Rastafari people celebrate Easter?
Re: Should Rastafari people celebrate Easter?
christianity and yoke-ism
Re: christianity and yoke-ism
Re: christianity and yoke-ism
Signed, Sealed, Delivered...
Faith's other side... *LINK*
elaborate on this "KNOWLEDGE"
faith is not 'work' *NM*
Yes Knowledge
also to add
Re: Yes Knowledge
Re: Yes Knowledge *LINK*
Okay I see
Irie Reasoning
Re: Irie Reasoning
Re: Okay I see
For HIM taught InI to follow teachings of Christ? *LINK*
Re: For HIM taught InI to follow teachings of Chri
I overstand the I
FO SHO MY LORDS AND EMPRESSES!
For many shall come in my name saying I am Christ
I am glad you asked that question
Re: FO SHO MY LORDS AND EMPRESSES!
Re: Should Rastafari people celebrate Easter? *LINK*
Nice 1 Selassielive...

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com