AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Death to this sick system

Most mornings I wake up glad and rejoicing in I heart that I have another day to praise Jah. Well not that this day was any different, but today I woke up not to glad. The first thing I heard this morning was, "MUMIA'S APPEAL TO THE SUPREME COURT FOR A NEW TRIAL WAS TURNED DOWN, WHICH MEANS THAT HE WILL NEVER BE FREE". This ofcourse was considering that his attorney's even argued the fact that African Americans were excluded from the jury.

Those words have changed who I am as a person. I know Rasta is to preach love, however InI also preach fiya. Mumia has sat on death row for 25 years now, and currently he is 54 years old. I am tired of waiting for Babylon to fall. I man know that Babylon will not fall from chants, such as the sound that brought down jericho. This fight need an army to destroy Babylon.

All our brothers and sisters who are political prisoners must be free from the grips of this beast, as well as brother Zulu. Mumia's denial has turned I into a new creature, one that no longer accepts the approval of men to do what I know is right in I heart.

Whether I live or die, I am not afriad to bleed, nor am I afraid to pass forward. I vow upon the locks on I head, that before I pass forward, I will see the death of Babylon, and walk upon her ashes. And I man am not speaking poetry, but reality. If InI are lions, then the I's can no longer allow babylon to hold I lions as hostages in their dungeons.

Jah know

Messages In This Thread

Death to this sick system
Re: Death to this sick system
PS
Re: Death to this sick system *LINK*
Re: Death to this sick system *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com