AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: MY LORD!
In Response To: Re: MY LORD! ()

Greetings

Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3 of the United States Constitution:

“Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons."

Non-whites were not given the designation as a whole "free" person.

The Fourteenth Amendment allowed black people to vote and repealed the three-fifths rule. The fifteenth amendment made it a federal crime to deny the vote based on race. Finally, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 officially made it illegal to discriminate based on sex and colour.

My point is that the intent during the formation of this country was to dehumanize Afrikan people. The office of President was in existence at the time of the original 3/5s rule. Therefore, the TITLE nor the office of President was meant for a non-white, non-human, 3/5 of a free white person.

Yet you champion for a black man to uphold the title of President, which is in line with White Supremacy. You act as if being president is a badge of honor. Maybe to people who have bought into the system and all its titles.

If I do not sight the title as a positive one, should I still address the person as such?

I sight what you are saying about acknowledging titles of respect in our communities. I agree.

But honestly, do you think the title of American president is something that Black people in America should see as an honorable position, considering the history behind the title?

Peace

Messages In This Thread

NOW WHY DONT THEY CALL HIM A PRESDENT?
Re: NOW WHY DONT THEY CALL HIM A PRESDENT?
HOTTA FIRE!
Respect
MY LORD!
FIRE UP THE CHALIS MY LORDS!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com