Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Quiz on Black Freedom Fighters

Greetings Sonz and Dawtas of the Most High
Here is a quiz on black Freedom Fighters:

1) It was said that this black freedom fighter was a deeply religous man who wore his long hair in imitation of his biblical idol, Samson. At the age of 24 he, along with his wife Nanny and several co-conspirators, laid the plans for a slave uprising in Richmond, Virgina. By August 1800, several thousand (estimates range from 2,000 to 50,000) slaves had been enlisted. His plans were never able to come to pass however for the plot was betrayed by a house slave to his master. He was arrested and tried in court. In a speech at his trial he openly called the proceedings a mockery and demanded to be immediately executed. For their attempts at freedom, He and thirty-four of his co-conspirators were convicted and hanged.

Who was this freedom fighter?

2) In 1800, this black freedom fighter gained his freedom in Charleston, South Carolina. Warning that God helps those who helps themselves, He laid the plans for a massive slave revolt and enlisted the aid of over 9,000 slaves. Using information cells which only allowed certain amounts of information to limited amounts of people, He organized a complex plot. Given its goals, the revolt would have been impressive had the conspirators not been given away by a fellow slave. Under arrest, in the face of continued threats, promises, and torture, only one of the condemned men ever gave away information. One of the leaders, a slave known as Peter Poyas, told his men, "Do not open your lips. Die silent as you shall see me do." He and his co-conspirators were hanged on July 2, 1822, the freedom they sought finally at hand.

3) This young South Afrikan freedom fighter uttered this quote before his death:

"My blood will nourish the tree that will bear the fruits of freedom. Tell my people that I love them. They must continue the fight."

In honour of his courage and dedication to the cause of freedom, a school was named after him. Who was this freedom fighter?

4) This South Afrikan freedom fighter was 'banned' by the Apartheid government for working for unions and programs not authorized by the Apartheid government. He was detained four times by the government and during and interrogation, he sustained a head injury , after which he acted strangely and was uncooperative. The doctors who examined him (naked, lying on a mat and manacled to a metal grille) initially disregarded overt signs of neurological injury. He later slipped into a coma. He was transferred to a prison....a 12-hour journey which he made lying naked in the back of a Land Rover. A few hours later, alone and still naked, lying on the floor of a cell in the Pretoria Central Prison, he died from brain damage. The authorities said that he died from a hunger strike.

5) Who was the freedom fighter who made tis quote?:

"What shall we do with the Negro?" I have had but one answer from the beginning. Do nothing with
us! Your doing with us has already played the mischief with us. Do nothing with us! If the apples will not remain on the tree of their own strength, if they are wormeaten at the core, if they are early ripe and disposed to fall, let them fall! I am not for tying or fastening them on the tree in any way, except by nature's plan, and if they will not stay there, let them fall. And if the Negro cannot stand on his own legs, let him fall also. All I ask is, give him a chance to stand on his own legs! Let him alone!"

Iron sharpens Iron
selassieilive

Messages In This Thread

Quiz on Black Freedom Fighters
Re: Quiz on Black Freedom Fighters

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com