Re: Who feels it knows it
Posted By: three_sixty In Response To: Re: Who feels it knows it (rob_afreeka)
Date: Tuesday, 25 October 2005, at 1:38 p.m.
In Response To: Re: Who feels it knows it (rob_afreeka)
Rob, I am going to use the link to Ayinde’s reasoning I initially wanted you to look at to illustrate some things, I use it because I feel it breaks things down rather well in a rational way.
“if RasTafari rules the hearts of all men , you are aknowledgin a function of the heart not european / against african feature ...cause heart got no color . “
* “The Spiritual aspect is what the ancients called entering the house of Rasta. This is the metaphysical/spiritual aspect of things. It is this realm all people can enter Rasta irrespective of race, color and social standing, . . . “
"you say white can't feel it because they (cannot overstand the fullness of the issues of African liberation since we are afforded privileges in the system )
you are talkin 2 different talk here .
if it is of the heart i can feel it ...if it is not from the heart i cannot ...simple as this .
because each of us got an heart to feel what his majesty let him feel . "
* “Whites did not experience Black African sufferings during and after slavery. Therefore Whites cannot directly identify with the Earth movement but they can support, develop in the spirituality and participate. Only Black people who had similar experiences at the hands of the White system in this present lifetime can really identify with the nuances and subtleties that gave rise to the movement in the first place.”
A.K.A. - WHO FEELS IT KNOWS IT
“you explain dat by continuin ..Jah rules not the hearts of whites(check the historical record of European conduct in the world )
so the european conduct bring you to the conclusion that contradict the other , Jah rule NOT the heart of whites european.
is this you are sayin ? “
* the historical record would look different if such was this case, would it not? The proof as they say – is in the pudding.
”by that you should say that americans all a shade of americans , are out of the sight of JahJah .
Jah rules not them hearts because of their conduct in last 400 years .
( i'm talkin in general now , not to rastafari issue anymore)
it will not be the same ??? “
* You would have to look at the ruling system, and how that assigns privileges, benefits. If we are being honest we will note that AMERICA was a direct product of slave-trading activities and racism(a direct outgrowth of these practices and racist legacy in Europe) – it is in it’s roots and heritage and that legacy continues today. Because of that legacy, there are certain segments of the population who have gained and continue to gain direct and indirect benefit based on race.
“i guess i made myself clear that i know how them white cowards brutalize and still are brutalizin ...i aknoledge , it is a fact .
only i do not give the guilty on the skin color .
that's all . and you can't too if you say and know selassie i rules the hearts .... “
* the point here is for white ones to acknowledge that they gain direct and indirect privilege based solely on their heritage and color of skin and with that said it is hard to overstand the fullness of the Rastafari movement(as an African liberation trod) because WHO FEELS IT KNOWS IT(see above). It is just an acknowledgment of the truth!
“by your works you will be known , for i this statement means exactly this :
whatever you look like , whoever you are , whatever your skin tone , etc..
is by your deeds , which bringheth forth GOOD fruit that i can come to know you .
this mean in poor words in i opinion still :
EVERYONE could do good works .
what you got inside is much more important than what you look like .
love is the answer , “
* you are speaking of the spiritual element of Rastafari and I agree with that, but you CANNOT SEPARATE the SPIRITUAL from the EARTH trod and the realities of the system which the Rastafari movement sprang up in direct opposition to. It is rooted in African liberation and that entails different things for whites than it does for blacks.
Messages In This Thread
Rastafari Speaks Archive is maintained by Administrator with RastafariSpeaks.com 5.12.
FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml