HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Sloppy Criticisms of Zimbabwe Elections

You asked 'Can the revolution go on without a certain personality cult.' and said you believe it can. I would ask you to give an example of anywhere in history where there has been a mass movement that affected human affairs that did not involve in it's critical stages the invocation of the cult of personality.

I am not saying this is right, but to me, it appears to be an aspect of the mass consciousness because at the deepest level, the human mind processes reality by the use of symbols. Mere theories and propositions will not run the dance. People need someone to represent the ideal that they are striving towards and until any movement finds a person (or persons ) that can symbolise those ideals, it will not get anywhere.

I believe you accept that when Zimbabwe was seeking to liberate itself, Robert Mugabe symbolised that struggle.

If you say yes, then you might also agree that for some people who see that struggle as not yet being complete, he may still be serving as a living banner to rally around. It may be be a tattered banner, but those people who are holding it up do not see that, what they see are the symbols on it.

This is a period of transition for Zimbabwe and the people who will take it foward are already in place. Some of them are in what is called MDC, some are in ZANU-PF and others are just biding thier time. The danger is that the enemies of Zimbabwe have also infiltrated these bodies and that they will continue using diferent disguises and methods in thier attempt to abort the complete liberation of your country. I believe that you already know this and I am just restating what you said in a different way so that you know that I know what you are saying.

I will also restate something I said before. I am not supporting Robert Mugabe the man. I am supporting Robert Mugabe the symbol. I do this because one thing we lack as Africans in this age are positive symbols. The only heroes we are permitted are footballers, singers, dancers, women who know how to be half-naked and men who know how to beat each other up in a boxing ring. The history that will inspire the future is being written right now and if we do not dictate what we say is the truth, then our enemies will. If the last words spoken about Robert Mugabe are to say that he was an evil tyrant, then believe me, those are the words that will go into history.

The perspective that I am talking from will sound callous to someone struggling for food to eat but Zimbabweans are not unique in having this struggle. This is something millions of Africans have been experiencing for decades since the so-called independence from colonialism. We have seen changes of government with people who have come out from prison taking office and swearing that thier experiences have put them in touch with the people's suffering. But, after a few weeks in office, the benefits of air-conditioning, limousines and fine wines soon help them forget thier suffering and with that loss of memory, comes a loss of empathy for the sufferers who marched and caught bullets so that they could become 'Mr. President'.

The thing Africans need to work on right now is education. By this I mean the raising of consciousness to a level where people will lose the fear that causes them to support what is enslaving them. Right now, all that is being done with politics is to divide people so that they are easily manipulated. The game in Zimbabwe right now is not being played by only Zimbabweans. There may to two sides to the arguement among Zimbabweans but there is only one side to the people seeking to profit from the situation. The fact that you have them supporting both sides is what they call 'hedging your bets'. This ensures that regardless of who wins, they walk away with the pot. So, what needs to happen is that Zimbabweans need to change the game. One African country needs to do this, so far, not a single one has succeeded, they always fall for the same tricks. I hope it does not happen again in Zimbabwe.

You asked if I was a Rastafarian. I will answer like this :
Eru Olorun ni mi - I am a slave of God
Eru Olorun ba mi - I have fear of God
Eru mi din niwaju Olorun - My burdens ease in front of God

I have used thee meanings of the word 'eru'. They are 'slave', 'fear' and 'burden'.

Messages In This Thread

Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
Re: Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
Re: Mugabe: Opponents are 'traitors'
In Zimbabwe?
Re: In Zimbabwe?
Seeking to understand Zimbabwe
Re: Seeking to understand Zimbabwe
PS
Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Re: Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections
December 12th Movement *LINK*
Re: December 12th Movement
Re: Democracy Now: The Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Answer please, Ayinde
Is Mugabe an NWO man?
Sloppy Criticisms of Zimbabwe Elections *LINK*
Very well said. You have my full Respects! *NM*
Re: Very well said. You have my full Respects!
Eja: A true Pan-Afrikanist, Love the posts! *NM*
Re: Oshun Auset
One Zimbabwe or Another: An Interview

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com