Re: Meanwhile, in Zimbabwe
Posted By: Masimba Musodza In Response To: Re: Meanwhile, in Zimbabwe (mardukson)
Date: Monday, 27 September 2004, at 5:33 a.m.
In Response To: Re: Meanwhile, in Zimbabwe (mardukson)
If I were Zimbabwe's leader, here are some of the things I would do.
1. Abolish the laws made over the past few years to stifle the media, laws which have seen the media industry shrivel.
2. Abolish the laws made to restrict freedom of movement, freedom of free association etc.
3. Introduce anti-monopoly Laws.
4. Keep the armed forces out of the residential areas, command them not to beat up, harrass and torture people.
5. Disband the ZANU-PF Youth militia units.
6. Abolish restrictions on business to turn around the current de-industrialisation.
7. Introduce an orderly Land Reform Programme, not based on political slogans but on sound economic principles.
8. Reform the Constitution, introduce accountability to each and every institution of the State.
Those ,to me are the more urgent issues.
Messages In This Thread
Rastafari Speaks Archive is maintained by Administrator with RastafariSpeaks.com 5.12.
FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml