HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: If you wear the title Ras and don't respect H.

Brudda Derek,

First off, maybe you could define for I what you think "FIYA" means when ones a chant "FIYA"?

Now on to the Bible... when HIM say read with a "clear conscience" and accept its "message"... does that suggest to you that one must read it absolutely literally and accept each and every thing that is in there?

I couldn't throw stones at people with a clear conscience, unless they throwing stones at I first or they done something particularly brutal to I/my fam/loved ones/people.

I couldn't sacrifice animals with a clear conscience.

I couldn't go into a next man land and kill every man, woman and child there with a clear conscience. (Nat Turner could kill every SLAVEHOLDING whitey within a 50-mile radius with a clear conscience though, cos he knew he had to do it, and he spared the lives of the poor white family who owned no slaves and in his words "didn't think any better of themselves than they do of us".)

I couldn't tell a woman she mustn't speak in the congregation with a clear conscience. (Especially when, if I was to keep a tally, I've probably received more valuable lessons in life from woman than from man, overall).

Yes I accept with a clear conscience the overall message of the Bible.

Is the same overall message of humanity's other holy books, and is the same overall message we receive if we just pay heed to JAH creation. As IanI, Ayinde and others have pointed out on this board.

That don't mean I accept every single message that you could get out of the Bible. The overall message is universal and timeless. 10 Commandments for example (either coinciding with, or excerpted from, the 42 Negative Confessions of Ma'at from Kemet) are simple commonsense guidelines for living together peaceably as a community.

But many smaller, specific messages are not for all times and all places.

That is the point I was making with Nat Turner. In his context, killing all the white men, women and children in the vicinity (apart from the non-slaveholders) was not wrong.

Does that mean I can go out there today and start killing off white people??? Of course not.

I recommend you check the thread "Straying Away from the Bible" which is in the "In the Bag" section at the top of the page.

Blessed Love RASTAFARI

Messages In This Thread

ADAM AND EVE, THE BIBLE, SEXISM, AND RASTAFARI.
Re: ADAM AND EVE, THE BIBLE, SEXISM, AND RASTAFARI
the old testment is not king james
Re: the old testment is not king james
If you wear the title Ras and don't respect H.I.M.
Mooooore WORD SOUNDS AND POWAAAH! Give thanks! *NM*
Ras Obadiah
BLESSED LOVE - KEEP UP THE STRUGGLE *NM*
IF U READ THE.............
MORE FIYA 4 D MALE SUPREMACISTS!!!!! *NM*
AGREE WITH THIS POST 100%
Black Power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Black Liberation, Jah Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *NM*
Yes Ras Tyehimba SPEEEAAAK!!
Re: Yes Ras Tyehimba SPEEEAAAK!!
Re: Yes Ras Tyehimba SPEEEAAAK!!
Re: ADAM AND EVE, THE BIBLE, SEXISM, AND RASTAFARI *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com