Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Black Power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greetings Princess,
I have read your lengthy reply to my essay with great delight. I admire your mastery of the language, however your reply was faulted on several grounds.
The most prominent being your unfortunate misquotation of me.
My first line was "I can never accept the bible in its fullness, and say that it is the perfect word of God." I'm not sure how you came up with 'will'
You said in your first paragraph "I will tell you right now that I am a fervent follower of Christ and would be willing to stake my life on the belief that Yahweh/Jehovah/El Shaddia is the one and only true living God." Are you saying that the millions of people that worship Krishna/Budha, Allah are worshiping false gods. THERE IS ONE GOD AND CHRISTIANITY DOES NOT HAVE A MONOPOLY ON HIM/HER.
Further down you contradicted yourself(the above staement) by saying 'God is a matter of peronal experience".

Continually you have validated and justified my my first line in which i said' I can never accept the bible in its fullness, and say that it is the perfect word of God", by saying that "You must remember that religion is a concept or an invention of mankind and the handiwork of man is practically always flawed "
That's my point exactly! That the bible is flawedbecause it was written by man.
The adam and eve story is a myth. It is not a historical fact. I never had any ancestors named adam and eve.

I shall give you intense pain in childbearing,
You will give birth to your children in pain
Your yearning will be for your husband and he will dominate you’
Genesis 3:16
It puzzles me to understand what logic you used to take whe above which God is supossedly to have said and reach the concusion that "man would be emotionally superior to woman."
You need to read my article again for i outlined that in that myth the adam waz just as fault for allegedly eating the apple. So that 's the basis of my pooint of that the bible is sexist. Woman is blamed for the sins of mankind.

Also you talked about where the bone came from. Are you trying to say that if the bone came from man's front that would make the woman inferior, or i the bone came from man's toe that also make the woman inferior. And that if it came from adams skull, the woman would be superior??????
you went on to say "No doubt, Adam was not designed to be the head of Eve, but to exist at his side"
By saying that you contradicted the bible which said very clearly that "But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God……….."

You went on to talk about love to justify the bible's stance but you are standing on shaky ground because i have a dod and i love my dog. The question of love is not called into question. It is possible for the woman to play an inefrior role and still be 'loved'

"As for the idea that the only way for a woman to get to God is through man, this is one of the greatest misconceptions of the Bible. Woman knows God because God is in man. She does not go through man to get to God, but with him. She perceives God in man because man is- or I should say man should be- ‘the image of God and reflect his glory’. So it is not that woman’s experience of God is limited. She is not dependent on man for spiritual fulfillment, but on God, who by nature, manifests himself in man. "
Are you saying by this paragraph that 'man also knows God because god is in woman.? Are you also saying that woman is the image of God and refect his glory"

Also one of the other examples of sexism as promoted by the bible and which i touched on before, is the portrayal of God as a male entity.
You spoke of the bible being the doctrine of female humility. I personally would say female servility. The bible is very very very clear, "“Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

So will you obey the bible and stay quiet while i teach you.Do not usurp my authority.
Do i expect you to do dat? of course not. that would not only be slavery but gross stupidity.
i just remembered something that you said:
"If it were so, we would have no reason to exist would we? We would be Gods ourselves"
I will tell you that we are all Gods because we are all Gods. The Jesus who you so fervently follow himself said "ye know not that ye are Gods" We are all Gods, divine manifestations of GOD.
So unlike you, i don't intend to wait on God.God helps those that helps themselves. We as Afrikan people must emancipate ourselves from this Euro Christian trap. For hundreds of years they have killed, raped, tortured, and plundered indigenous people in the name of Jesus Christ and in the Bible.

Messages In This Thread

ADAM AND EVE, THE BIBLE, SEXISM, AND RASTAFARI.
Re: ADAM AND EVE, THE BIBLE, SEXISM, AND RASTAFARI
the old testment is not king james
Re: the old testment is not king james
If you wear the title Ras and don't respect H.I.M.
Re: If you wear the title Ras and don't respect H.
Re: If you wear the title Ras and don't respect H.
Mooooore WORD SOUNDS AND POWAAAH! Give thanks! *NM*
Ras Obadiah
BLESSED LOVE - KEEP UP THE STRUGGLE *NM*
IF U READ THE.............
MORE FIYA 4 D MALE SUPREMACISTS!!!!! *NM*
AGREE WITH THIS POST 100%
Black Power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Black Liberation, Jah Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *NM*
Yes Ras Tyehimba SPEEEAAAK!!
Re: Yes Ras Tyehimba SPEEEAAAK!!
Re: Yes Ras Tyehimba SPEEEAAAK!!
Re: ADAM AND EVE, THE BIBLE, SEXISM, AND RASTAFARI *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com