Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Rosalind
In Response To: Re: Rosalind ()

Greetings Heather,
When you have the time to write, I-wombman will be happy to reason with you. No one has asked for you to stop posting on this board and I am not angry at you. I was disappointed that you were not able to fully respond to my message to you because I-wombman put much thought and mediatation into those Ideas so as to present them clearly and thoroughly, and without offending the I. Your response left I with the impression that you were brushing most of what was written to you aside.

You wrote in response, that

******mainly wanted to let you know that the descriptions etc... all that is appreciated but at least in my case (not trying to be a smart*ss in anyway) but I truly know it in much depth allready. I'm more on towards solutions now.... but I do understand the need for these truth(s) to be shared with the world and let out just as a release even -******

This was s difficult statement for I to appreciate because I did not write about the history of Rastafari, thinking that I was presenting it to you for the first time--this is why I began with "As you must know...". The reason I took the time to briefly review some of the origins of InI movement was to remind the I of the primacy of the issue of Black cultural de-colonization towards liberation, and what this entails. I did so as to offer you I-sight into the rasponses that you were getting from some of the Idren on this board regarding white priviledge and racism.

Heather, I am presently reading "Jah is My Light And My Salvation. The Life, Times and Reasonings of Kes Tekle Ab, A Rastafari Elder of the BoboShanti Order". MANY things written in this book are about historical events and about the early Rastafari which I-wombman have read about many, many times from many different sources. Never the less, this particular elder's accounts are very important to I, perhaps all the more important because I have read about much of what he speaks from other sources. Seeking knowledge, in I opinion, is an ongoing and overlapping process; sometimes we must engage much repetition in order to re-learn. When you say to I that,

*****the only thing is that I don't need any lessons, easy way to say this without you hopefully not taking offense is "been there, did that" long time ago. I'm a far different level of my trod now. *******

-I am left with the overstanding that you are only willing to visit a particular topic (or "lesson" if you prefer) once and then you move on. If this is your choice, then so be it. For I, the essence of reasoning, and what separates it from 'conversations' is that it involves sharing and considering and re-considering the views of others, cycling and re-cycling Ideas, collectively building upon one another's wisemind seen? As I said to Isciple, I sight my ego's involvement in hoping that I might impact a different way of thinking about your conflict with ones on this board. It is not up to me to influence anybody on this board, only to share I humble views and communion with InI brethren and sistren.

If I may offer one additional observation sistren, when you write that you are "removing your anger" toward Disciple in one sentence and then directly follow that sentence with what appears to liken the Idren (Lion) to a "slithering snake" that you'd rather stomp on, well, it kind of makes your statement about removing anger seem somewhat insincere. (You write that you'd rather let THEM slide away, but seem to betray your intent when you add "and forget and forgive YOUR misdoings")

Heather, I-wombman sincerely hope that you are able to find the time to formulate well-thought-out responses to my messages and in particular to the questions that have been asked of you regarding the experience of white priviledge. (Did you read the article I posted at the end of my message to Disciple this morning [10:43am]? What does the I think of what others have written?) I say "well-thought-out" because it seems to I that you sometimes post in haste and in emotion, and thus are misunderstood or end up regretting what you post (sometimes I write up what I will post offline first, then cut and paste it on the board when I have found the accurate word/sound to represent my intentions). Take your time sistren, and I do not wish for you to feel defensive. We are all learning here.
Blessings.

Messages In This Thread

Forgive slavery, forget reparations *LINK*
Re: Forgive slavery, forget reparations
to clarrify... *LINK*
Re: to clarrify...
Pleae do not ask us to forget History
I give thanks, Baba Ras Marcus!!! *NM*
Re: I give thanks, Baba Ras Marcus!!!
Re: Pleae do not ask us to forget History
in other words, Rosalind...up yours!!!
Hotep Isciple... *NM*
when did rosalind EVER show anger to you?
To Rosalind
Re: To Rosalind
The Myth of Universal Patriarchy
Re: Forgive slavery, forget reparations *LINK*
Repatriation and Reparation Is International
Re: Repatriation and Reparation Is International
Re: Repatriation and Reparation Is International

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com