Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Forgive slavery, forget reparations

greetings,

I am not a "feminist" but we all know about the wrong doings in this world - it is often said by most of humanity that the greatest crimes have been toward women by men - and this spanning all the way back since the beginning of time up until now still today - many turn into "men-haters" because of it - they hate all men - heres my point (by the way I'm not one of these "manhaters" but trying to get something across) If I were, I'd have a pretty good case against most on this board then if I use the same logic as ones here do about other things (worst and largest crimes committed, time spans, etc...). All men then are guilty regardless of whether are or not they are guilty. I KNOW your innocent and probably all your relatives and neighbors too, but still, your guilty mr. simply because i SAY so. why? because your a part of a certain group that is the most notable human rights violaters this world has ever known gone unpunished. All men are responsible for what the bad ones did way beyond even 1,000'ds of years ago and still now - seriously, if theres talk of reparations and worst crimes of a certain "group of people" it should be females being the big "winner" of this "contest" then. And applying this same logic then, all men should pay all women. Especially the innocent ones, because that is the deepest and highest form of logic, reasoning, thought, human understanding and compassion I can reach - I mean who cares right, if every man here even is a devoted, righteous and upful family man - according to some (some) of the logic applied in the reparations arguement and other related arguements it doesn't matter - then, the decent innocent family man should still be accused, ridiculed, punished and especially it makes such sense doesn't it - those good ones should pay for all they and even probably their relatives did not do right? I want every decent man that I pass in the street to start writing out that check now, because I know there are bad ones out there that exist.

obviously, I don't think this way. If I did I'd want someone to slap me silly, but no offence, that is the thinking I come across with many on this board - exactly - just differen't scenario, same thing, but actually worse. I could be a man hater if I wanted to, but I'm not. I don't hate all men, I'm smart enough to tell one from the other without getting all 'theres a man, don't trust them'etc etc. ("make them pay").... however, there is quite a large case against men if you want to get down to it - on all levels.

and I ask you, would you (or anyone in their right mind) pay $ for something you or even your relatives have never done, - much less feel guilty for it. It's like "ted stole an apple" so hey, lets go beat up and punish "susan" for it since we can't get "ted" who actually stole the apple, lets just make "susan" pay instead. Nevermind the fact she didn't do anything (because maybe someone she may or may not have been related to 500 to 50,000 years ago did, and of course who cares if we don't know that either) - wow, thats justice at its best! Truth and Rights! Knowingly make innocent people pay, it feels good! "My sex" has suffered more than "your sex" - so even all good men must pay, don't argue against that either, don't smile and say hello kindly either, I KNOW who you REALLY are, your a man so you must be pathetic and you must pay.

(again, this is all metaphorical and that is not my true thinking)but it is very similar to the certain types of reasonings found here and elsewhere - and it truly makes me scratch me head in a sort of utterly baffled and confused way. In a sort of wonderment maybe as to how someone doesn't get this type of logic.

anyhow should I pay for something I nor my relatives have - never - done - would you? What kind of fool would I be? If I would've wanted to do other positive actions via my own free will, would I want to after some f*ckery like that? Why would I apologize for something I haven't done? I repeat - why would I apologize for somet I haven't done??? Have you apologized to the people that have been harmed by your ancestors G*d knows how many years back, a well reasoned person also knows when I say this, once again I don't mean something else by this. (its not a devaluing of anything in any kind) An apple is an apple and an orange is an orange.

I am soley focused on a certain aspect and form of reparations when I make these points and share these views. How can you argue with any sanity or even an ounce of decency against what I have said here in this post. Especially considering the logical, true and honest comparistions I've made.?

I don't go around trying to post posts for the sole purpose to look smarter than the next, or for hopes of a "big up" "nice world/sound" from my fan club - I say something because I say something and thats it. This is a serious issue and should be approached by serious people who want to reason about it beyond looking to get themselves a pat on the back and some sort of validation in their self-righteousness. Another thing, I will not be paying self-righteous holy rollers a dime that I don't have anyway for something I didn't do (nor inadvertantly contribute to either, actually the opposite) - but it would be interesting to here any opposing thoughts to this straigth up logic.

Reasoning?, Heather

Messages In This Thread

Forgive slavery, forget reparations *LINK*
to clarrify... *LINK*
Re: to clarrify...
Pleae do not ask us to forget History
I give thanks, Baba Ras Marcus!!! *NM*
Re: I give thanks, Baba Ras Marcus!!!
Re: Pleae do not ask us to forget History
Re: Rosalind
in other words, Rosalind...up yours!!!
Hotep Isciple... *NM*
when did rosalind EVER show anger to you?
To Rosalind
Re: To Rosalind
The Myth of Universal Patriarchy
Re: Forgive slavery, forget reparations *LINK*
Repatriation and Reparation Is International
Re: Repatriation and Reparation Is International
Re: Repatriation and Reparation Is International

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com