Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: THE HIDDEN KINGDOM OF AFRICA " KINGDOM OF LADO

Greetings

Yes, I agree with you that one of the biggest problems with sitting African Governments is that they can be bought- if not by the West, then by those ghastly Chinese.

I have sympathised with the SPLA policy of appealing to the Christian Right's anti-Islam attitude to get the Western powers to act. But the quite clearly hasn't worked as the Christian Right is not always in power, and is not prepared to fight for Black people.

What has been the response of the Governments of those nations that you have engaged?

I am genuinely interested. I have just discovered that Lado is not a new word to me at all, it's just one that I haven't heard in a while. I've met a few Sudanese with names like Lo Lado.

But then, you are seeking to revive an ancient Kingdom, and this raises questions about the legitimacy of your struggle. How far back should any of us go? For example, I am of the Buja Kingdom, which existed for a few hundred years up until the colonisatio of the land now called Zimbabwe. If someone where to fight to re-establish its Independence, someone else would stand up for the revival of the Munhumutapa Empire- and Buja is on land that previously belonged to Munhumutapa. Where would it end?

I am sure Lado claims land in what is now Uganda, Kenya etc. Is that not likely to create problems?

Messages In This Thread

THE HIDDEN KINGDOM OF AFRICA " KINGDOM OF LADO "

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com