HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: The Queen of Sheba
In Response To: Re: The Queen of Sheba ()

The Israel of today is a complete tragedy, and also a "created state," so I don't really see the Israel of today as something to aspire to. Of course Israelis treat Ethiopian Hebrews like crap, they jeopardize any European Hebrews' legitimacy. The Kebra Negast states that all the first born sons of Solomon's nobles left with Menelik I, they helped him take Israel's most sacred object and put it in its rightful place. So in reading the book it didn't seem like the Hebrews went to Europe.

Why would Rastafari people desire the world to recognize their claims of Israel's glory? Is it necessary to have recognition in order to know oneself, certainly not. Moreover, Ethiopia's Hebrew and Orthodox faithful have never received the same troubles from Muslims as they have from Christians and Hebrews. In fact the Ethiopia of today maintains a fairly friendly balance between Muslims, Christians, and Hebrews, and I am stressing the word fairly. But the star of David is everywhere in Ethiopia, from the front of His Majesty's crown to the gates of His palace, and I am sure He was quite happy to have it there. The Queen of Sheba brought it there, not Solomon. If one does not wish to look at His Majesty through Solomonic spectacles it is not really necessary. His Majesty is the example of humanity to which any man should wish to aspire to, another enlightenment on this earth. Just as the star of David is just that, a star. One sun/son out of infinite sons in this universe, in perfect humanity His Majesty was the light of this earth so why not wear the sun on His crown. Selam

Messages In This Thread

The Queen of Sheba
Beautiful word/truth/power *NM*
...We'll be better off. *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com