HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Ish-M *LINK*
In Response To: Why I reject Goddesses ()

"Ish-M"...Is that the new name Jah got that is terrible and dreadful, binnadick nuh like Jah name? It sound more like some aspiring hasidic rapper or something. Sound like "ism" too. I more like the sound of JAH!!!RASTAFARI HEMPERAH ILEY I SELAHSEEI. The sound of EMPRESS MENEN I, NIYABINGHI I sound good as well.
I don't reject goddesses, I does more try fuh get them to accept me.
Like Rootsie say, I ain't tryina be flippant... nah, obviously I am. Still, the "female" principles are certainly worthy of representation in the "religious" realm, as well as the "male" principles. Since we humans come in males and females (apart from a tiny percentage of hermaphrodites who are both/neither), it is only natural to try to come to terms with the great mysteries of iration by mirroring both our "male" and "female" characteristics when we conceptualize the "powers" of the universe.
Most cultures, with or without what are now translated as 'goddesses' and/or 'gods' ('powers'), have always revered/acknowledged a single, beyond-gender/source-of-gender creative/maintaining force in the universe anyway... that's to say, "monotheism" is older than Abraham, indeed older than Akhneton, and conversely: religions that today call themselves 'monotheistic' {primarily Xtianity, Judaism and Islam} also feature a panoply of angels and other celestial beings whose activities and roles are functionally indistinguishable from the entities/forces/symbols who are called "gods" and "goddesses" in books written in the languages of the european imperialists, describing the cultures that the 'eaden dem label "pagan" {West African, East African, Central African, South African, South Asian, South East Asian, Indigenous American, Australasian and Pacific Islander, etc.}
So there has always been the concept of the "One God" as one set of English words might put it, existing alongside the concept of [multiple] 'goddesses' and 'gods' [to use another couple of English words.]
The "Bible" [anglicization of a greek word if my memory serves]even goes so far as to identify you and I (and, I personally am 100% sure, our mothers, wives/lovers, sisters and daughters) as 'gods'. [The english female equivalent of said word being 'goddesses.']
JAH mek IanI in JAH image, male and female JAH created IanI.

Messages In This Thread

Why I reject Goddesses
Re: Why I reject Goddesses
Speak The Sciences Brotha!!! *NM*
Question:
Re: Question:
Re: Question:
Re: Question: *LINK*
Atum/Adam *LINK*
more Luv *NM*
Ish-M *LINK*
Re: Ish-M
Re: hmmmmmmmmm-M *NM*
bible and selassie jesus and pagans
Re: bible and selassie jesus and pagans
should of typed virgin mary *NM*
what about rastas converitng to followrs of crhist
Re: what about rastas converitng to followrs of cr
Many Rastas sight up...
so these world christians, ethiopian christians et
Re: Many Rastas sight up...

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com