HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Why I reject Goddesses
In Response To: Re: Why I reject Goddesses ()

"In which way did you gain your KNOWLEDGE of God/Jah/HIM?"

I was brought up in a Christian home, with a very Old Testament heritage lurking in the background. But I wasn't really in to it. I read everything else, the Koran, the Buddhist discourses, the Vedas etc. Even then, I read as a scholar, which was amazing for one so young. When I realised that adults found this rather scary, I kept my studies to myself. But from as far back as I can remember, I have always had visions of the Emperor, but did not know who He was until much later in life. Had I been exposed to reggae, I probably would have come to the knowledge of Rastafari earlier. But it was only at the age of 16 that I read about the Emperor, and then read my Bible, and it all made sense.

Since then, I am 30 years old now, I have continued to study the Bible. I no longer read the KJV, preferring to struggle with the Amharic Ge'ez. My command of the King's tongue improves. I also read up other works of Biblical history, and they all support the things which I believe. Oh, and when I announced to my family of my conversion, there was a big reaction. Attempted exorcism, and debates with those who considered themselves more knowledgeable. The results of these was I became more convinced that the reason more people do not believe in His Imperial Majesty is that they simply don't know. They also made me seek more knowledge.

"What is your proof? or is it just (blind) faith from indoctrinations and instruction from superiors or even colonizers."

My proof is the Scriptures themselves, and the facts of my life as it unfolds.

"The reason I challenge your words is NOT if your beliefs are valid or not, it is the fact that YOU speak on them as if yours are the unadulterated, unchallengable facts. "

But this is what I am saying, my brother. I have done my research, and arrived at this conclusion. I put the challenge- if anyone can in fact convince me otherwise, I will go straight to the barbers and lose my locks. To date, that hasn't happened.

I cannot explain why some people do not come to the knowledge of Rastafari. I am more interested in the fact that this is what I stand for, and I would like to see these values and beliefs passed on to the next generation.

"Forget "Maat", of "Vashti" or "Auset". Do you not acknowledge the power/truths that these symbols represent?"

Certainly not! These are not deities to me, whatever name they possess or are called, anymore than Ben Hinn's god.

"As a Rastafarian, which would seem to mean a transcendence from a previously engrained or colonial perspective, (eliminating "dieties" or "statues" from the mix), do you not see any problem at all with claiming a male-only-gender-specific divine supreme force?"

Not at all. Perhaps you would explain any possible problems there?

"Sighting the truths of our womb-borne existence, what is the proper place in Nature for feminine forces/power"

This is not a question I am in a position to answer, because I do not recognise what you call the feminine forces/power.

Selam

Messages In This Thread

Why I reject Goddesses
Speak The Sciences Brotha!!! *NM*
Question:
Re: Question:
Re: Question:
Re: Question: *LINK*
Atum/Adam *LINK*
more Luv *NM*
Ish-M *LINK*
Re: Ish-M
Re: hmmmmmmmmm-M *NM*
bible and selassie jesus and pagans
Re: bible and selassie jesus and pagans
should of typed virgin mary *NM*
what about rastas converitng to followrs of crhist
Re: what about rastas converitng to followrs of cr
Many Rastas sight up...
so these world christians, ethiopian christians et
Re: Many Rastas sight up...

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com