HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Power from robbery
In Response To: Re: Power from robbery ()

Greetings All

Yeah, somebody is sitting on a gigantic pile of money. But money is a social construct representative of labor. We could all go back to the barter system and circumvent it in some ways. I found out the hard way that any entrepreneur, African and otherwise will employ tricks to get more out of the workers and to gain maximun profit. What we must remeber is that these companies are nothing without the workers who make the money for them. I know union busting is big these days, but unions are necessary and important to insure some level of fairness and equity in the workplace. Money is a symbol of our collective work. Without the people these billionaires are nothing. I just watched "Norma Rae" and read " the Grapes of Wrath" and I see through these allegories how the workers must organise and stick together. When the Chinese are willing to do your job for just cents on the dollar and they don't allow labor unions, we see how easy it is for the powers that be to intimidate and push people out of the labor force and take in new people for smaller and smaller wages and higher profits. The billionaires depend on people to be in fear of starving and being thrown into the street to keep the status quo. Not to sound too revolutionary, but the workers need to get a back bone. It may be too late for American workers though.

I was just working for a black owned hair care company and I was only paid $5 and hour, and the boss dogged me and refused to pay me my last paycheck, all because I can't live on $5 and hour and I got a better paying job, because money pays the bills. I was so disgusted I let it go, and I had planned ahead for some potential drama. But greedy people get by on promises, pie in the sky and charisma. That's what the American dream is these days. Keep on dreaming. You don't have to buy the okey doke though, they can print money all day long.

Messages In This Thread

Are Billionairs Greedy Blood Suckers and Thieves
Re: Are Billionairs Greedy Blood Suckers and Thiev
Power from robbery
Capitalism must go!
Re: Capitalism must go!
Ase!
Re: Ase!
Re: Ase!
"Not to sound too revolutionary"
Re: "Not to sound too revolutionary"
Re: "Not to sound too revolutionary"
Yes they are! Without a doubt.
Re: Yes they are! Without a doubt.
absolutely!
Re: absolutely!
Oprah Pay For Ten Million Dollar School In Africa
The Meaning Of Black Power
Kwame Nkrumah
Re: Kwame Nkrumah
Crimes Committed Against African Humanity.
So Many Empty Houses, So Many Homeless People.
Re: So Many Empty Houses, So Many Homeless People.
Re: So Many Empty Houses, So Many Homeless People.
Does The National Lottery Encourage Greed?.
AreTerror And Torture The Same Wicked Activities?
Re: AreTerror And Torture The Same Wicked Activiti
2006 Now In The West, 1999 In Ethiopia?
Re: 2006 Now In The West, 1999 In Ethiopia?
Wars and Rumours Of War Everywhere

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com