HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: You will have the last word.
In Response To: You will have the last word. ()

After some dubious comments (where I could not understand what you were talking about), this is the post where you tried to spell out how you interpreted that original quote that you singled out.

YOU SAID:

"sacar trapitos, (or loosly translated means pulling out rags), is a saying in Cuba that usually denotes some justification for something said or done. hence my post to which you responded as to where i got the notion that none other than dark-skinned blacks could comment or post was based on what you had said earlier.......which is and i quote you.

"--The discourse on racism is usually dominated by those who the system does not negatively impact the most.---"

why you would make such a generalization is beyond my comprehension though and by this statement you obviously mean all non dark skinned peoples, since you also maintain that dark skinned Afrikans are impacted the most by " colorisms " and racism."

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/config.pl?noframes;read=75824

I IMMEDIATELY RESPONDED WITH THIS:

"If you felt what I meant there was beyond your comprehension (puzzling or out of order) you could have asked about it at the time, but that statement could never mean that people who are not dark-skin Black should not comment or engage discussions on racism and colorism.

It is quite evident on this board that people who are not dark-skin Black are engaging the discussions, and have always done so.

You are applying the statement, "The discourse on racism is usually dominated by those who the system does not negatively impact the most." badly.

More dark-skin Blacks need to study and learn the issues surrounding racism and become strong spokespeople for racism and all of its related issues. Far too often the people who are in the frontline of Black organizations, the people who are presented in the media to give views on these issues, and most of the internet discussions are dominated by people who are not dark-skin Black and are not sensitive enough to articulate the issues from the experiences and urgency of its effect on dark-skin Blacks."

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/config.pl?noframes;read=75825

You said you got a notion (A VAGUE AWARENESS OR UNDERSTANDING) that my statement meant that none other than dark-skinned blacks could comment or post on racism and colorism.

I responded and showed how that "notion" (YOUR VAGUE AWARENESS) was not reflecting my position, and I expanded my position for clarification. The evidence is there: at no time light-skin folks were prevented or discouraged from engaging these discussions on the basis that it was not about them. An example of proof that I could not mean what you claimed is that one of the administrators who is not dark-skin Black comments on racism and colorism often. I also know that other posters who are not dark-skin Black have engaged this issue, and some seem to understand MY position better than others.

You have disregarded that I clearly stated that the quote that you selected did not mean what you claimed.

You posted another cliché that showed that you did not appreciate that I was making a clear distinction between well informed/conscious dark-skin Blacks and uninformed dark-skin Blacks in my statement about Black leadership.

You said:
"i have no hatred for myself nor my parents and i do agree with you that leadership of Black Afrikan organizations or depictions in any form of film or media in this time be spearheaded by dark skinned individuals, only this can counter the opposite polemics we are now bombarded with, for the sake of the youth and ignorant adults. drastic situations call for next solutions. leadership complexion maybe a humble start but we must never forget that much like beauty,...it's only skin deep."

This shows that you considered the choosing of a dark-skin Black leader to be a simple affair that was simply about addressing the image perception among the youths and ignorant ones. You certainly were not demonstrating that we were speaking about well informed/conscious leadership; dark-skin Black leadership with those qualifications can never be rendered shallow in beauty or ones whose complexion is only skin deep.

If you use YOUR own definition of well informed and conscious, I doubt you would consider the dark-skin Black persons who acted against our best interest to be well informed/conscious. So mentioning their names and actions demonstrated that you did not automatically grasp that the dark-skin Black leadership that I am speaking about had to be well informed/conscious for more than symbolic reasons.

You also did say:
"i have no hatred for myself nor my parents and i do agree with you that leadership of Black Afrikan organizations or depictions in any form of film or media in this time be spearheaded by dark skinned individuals ..."

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/config.pl?noframes;read=75826

You agreed with I about my position on dark-skin Black leadership, but when I said, "I actually prefer no support to bad support, so it is useless claiming to agree with aspects of my position only to display typical White insensitivity and disrespect to the Black skin complexion." you came up with, "do you really believe anyone who may hold a simililar position regarding leadership maintains it in support of you?" But it was YOU who said that you agreed with I.

There IS another lie in that same post but I will leave that point for now.

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/config.pl?noframes;read=75875

You have not quoted anything that I have said that is out of order and would be interpreted to mean that I am saying that light-skin folks should not engage discussions on colorism and racism (although some disgruntled ones would like to agree with you for the sake of maintaining their disagreeability).

In fact, since you became aware light skin ones have never been excluded from these discussions, therefore my comments could not mean what you claimed, you seem to be doing everything you can to avoid admitting your error by constantly projecting allegations and innuendoes in feeble attempts to denigrate my character instead of simply admitting you are wrong.

Messages In This Thread

The Subtle Racism of Latin America *LINK*
Re: The Subtle Racism of Latin America
ayinde, i retract that last question
Re: ayinde, i retract that last question
The complexion of dark-skin Blacks is not only skin deep
Re: The complexion of dark-skin Blacks is not only
The dark-skin Black complexion is important!!!
Re: The dark-skin Black complexion is important!!!
You will have the last word.
Re: You will have the last word.

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com