HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

You will have the last word.

let's take one thing at a time and watch how you spin.......

i ask how could it be that if..........

"I do not consider most light-skin, mixed people to be Black and/or Black African. I think they are light-skin mixed and should be dealt with as such. By including so many different types of non-whites into the concept of 'Black' and Black African by race, racism and colorism as they affect people who are dark-skin Black in complexion are not kept in focus."

and also if............

"The discourse on racism is usually dominated by those who the system does not negatively impact the most."

and again if .............

"..... and most of the internet discussions are dominated by people who are not dark-skin Black and are not sensitive enough to articulate the issues from the experiences and urgency of its effect on dark-skin Blacks."

and again if.....

"I am firm in my conviction that light skin ones do not get the depth of the issues as they affect those who are systematically most negatively affected - dark-skin kinky-hair Blacks. They may understand some of it when it is shared but they are prone to misrepresentations and oversimplification of the issues. They are usually more defensive and arrogant and get away with it more because the society treats them better. This does not mean that dark-skin Blacks cannot do the same, but if they are well informed/conscious, because of systematic experiences they remain more sensitive to the depth of the issues."

and again,..........

"Some light-skin and White ones do feel that they can throw crap at whoever they like and dark-skin Blacks should always treat them with kid glove."

once again....

"This is not the first time that I have stated that I find the discourse on racism is usually dominated by those who the system does not negatively impact the most. The racism discourse being dominated by light skin, mixed and Whites is not only related to this website, but all the print and electronic media that I have observed, even Black focused media (the personnel who shape the discussions are usually not dark-skin Blacks). We have taken a special focus to help address that imbalance."

and again,........

"I actually prefer no support to bad support, so it is useless claiming to agree with aspects of my position only to display typical White insensitivity and disrespect to the Black skin complexion."

how do all of these above quotes by you translate to the following? what could lightskin folks possibly have to add to any discussion?

"In no way has anyone on this board stated or hinted that only dark-skin Blacks should engage the discussions on colorism. All these issues should be discussed among all who are considered Black for the purpose of informing each other based on shared experiences."

subterfuge? ambivalence? or just plain whiteman forked tongue verbocity?

then your unfounded and very insensitive accusations.......

"You made the clichéd allegation, “leadership complexion maybe a humble start but we must never forget that much like beauty,...it's only skin deep.” This statement, which trivializes the complexion of dark-skin Blacks, was careless in my view. I have always said that well informed or conscious dark-skin Blacks are best suited to lead Black movements so there was no need for you to trivialize the complexion of Black leadership if you really understood that such leadership had to be well informed. "

you choose to ignore how far too often this rass cliche' is very accurate....ie. Mugabe and mobutu,
Tutsi and Hutus,....PLP and PNP,.....BLOODS AND CRIPS,..Hampton and the black fbi rat,...etc. kwk ..ad nauseum....Bogle, Garvey, Nat Turner. should we mention Haiti, the Sudan, Ethiopia, DR Congo and all the current dark skin black on black bloodshed now desensitizing an entire continent and diaspora? in fact my comment was not trivializing DARK SKIN, it was and remains accurate. it is YOU who trivializes your own hide.

"Repeating Black revolutionary words today is quite common; Whites do it all the time. Few actually experience the truth of those Black revolutionary words, preferring instead pseudo-intellectual masturbation over realized truths. Such Whites and ‘lights’ eventually end up betraying the very revolutionary ideals they claimed to stand for. They really fight for the right to rule dark-skin Blacks."

I guess this one was thrown in just to make me feel welcomed into the reasonings and not intended as a form of disrespect.

"But it now seems that you do not appreciate what, "speaking firmly on an issue, especially one as sensitive as colorism within the black experience." really means. I am speaking to you firmly from that position and then you told I that you gave I ample leeway. Do think of how white arrogant that came over."

i was trying to avoid this we are in right now mr.genius and this really is my last word on this whole issue , i don't appricilove this back and forth business.

"Here you go again acting like a PUNK. I think you are quite deluded and are just making up this crap and excuses as you go. You know quite well I am right and that YOU (while being extremely defensive) misinterpreted my statement (that could never have meant what you claimed it did). You spoke utter nonsense in your insensitive and careless attempt to trivialize dark-skin Black complexion. But later on you tried to shift."

horseraddish and heresay .

"You are not being honest on this thread and that is the clear disrespect, first to yourself. I deliberately stayed with this thread because in order for you to make such a serious misrepresentation of my comment, and in the face of evidence to the contrary, for you to stubbornly remain with that misrepresentation means there has to be something definitely wrong with you. "

i think i've made my point.

Messages In This Thread

The Subtle Racism of Latin America *LINK*
Re: The Subtle Racism of Latin America
ayinde, i retract that last question
Re: ayinde, i retract that last question
The complexion of dark-skin Blacks is not only skin deep
Re: The complexion of dark-skin Blacks is not only
The dark-skin Black complexion is important!!!
Re: The dark-skin Black complexion is important!!!
You will have the last word.
Re: You will have the last word.

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com