Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: A STONE AND A SLING
In Response To: A STONE AND A SLING ()

Honour

Good words. I especially like what you said about the rhythm and the drum. How they feared the rhythm so they took away the drum, but the rhythm was not in the drum. True.

So true. Likewise, freedom is not in what the vampires call education, religion or science. Nor will it ever be found in thier philosophy, psychiatry or sociology. No matter how much we seek to adapt these things to serve our purposes, we will always end back in the belly of the beast.

In speaking of the ground we stand on, I was not referring to land. I was speaking about the tools we use to make sense of the world around us. The things we are seeking to use as we search for justice. How we some of us are still trying to find ways of adapting ideologies that have already been identified as abominations. We must overstand that there is no concept manufactured by the vampires that will work against them. We have tried and we have always failed. Time now to realise that as a people, until we declare a "Day Zero", a time when everything is wiped clean so we can rebuild from a foundation level, we will get nowhere. At best, we will only replace whoever is on the demonic throne with one of our own.

This has happenned before, and for anyone to think "it will be different when I get there" is self-deception. The system is a living thing and, of all the problems we are currently dealing with, it is the most long-lived, the most experienced, the most adaptable, the least self-conscious and the most cunning.

But none of this is a reason to seek accomodation with it's constructs. It had a beginning and so will have an end. That end has not yet come because so far, people keep mistaking what is merely long-lived with what is eternal. Because people think that the way the world is now is how it has always been (one way or another), they keep looking for ways to fit in with it.

What I am saying is basically this : the most revolutionary thing a person can do is to re-construct reality. How do we start? With the ground we are standing on. With everyday things, things so common that we do not even notice them passing. The ways in which we use words for example, because this affects the way we think and the way we think affects the way we act. Let us COLLECTIVELY redefine reality. Redefine what is good and what is bad. Accept that "what is good is always permisible and what is bad is never permisible". Redefine freedom, wealth, justice and civilization. Redefine science and education. I say redefine but what I really mean is return to the ORIGINAL meanings. After all, the term "complete revolution" imples a return to the point of origin, yes?

Messages In This Thread

The ground we stand on
Re: The ground we stand on
A STONE AND A SLING
The way of Ur-ser
Civilization dons clothes.

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com