HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: ayinde, i retract that last question

This forum has never excluded anyone from participating because of their race or color.

In no way has anyone on this board stated or hinted that only dark-skin Blacks should engage the discussions on colorism. All these issues should be discussed among all who are considered Black for the purpose of informing each other based on shared experiences. For the most part on this board we have been discussing colorism as it is played out among Blacks. But certainly if Colorism as an aspect of White Racism as practiced by Whites is being discussed, Whites too could be part of those discussions if they want.

I believe it is almost impossible to have a discussion about anything on these forums among dark-skin Blacks only as there are few dark-skin Blacks on these forums in the first place.

"EVERYBODY KNOWS THE COLORISM PROBLEM EXISTS"

I doubt that. I think that many people need to become aware and more aware of colorism as it is played out by all races and shades of people. People need to first become aware of an issue before they can formulate and comprehend solutions. And based on the comments that some members of this forum have made, it is clear that everyone does not know that the Colorism problem exists.

"my son who saw me typing here asked what was up , i mentioned the doll experiment he countered that see what happens if they ask black children who they would want on their team in a basketball game Larry Byrd or Michael Jordan , see who they would pick then ?.........*s*"

What was your response to that?

Messages In This Thread

The Subtle Racism of Latin America *LINK*
Re: The Subtle Racism of Latin America
ayinde, i retract that last question
The complexion of dark-skin Blacks is not only skin deep
Re: The complexion of dark-skin Blacks is not only
The dark-skin Black complexion is important!!!
Re: The dark-skin Black complexion is important!!!
You will have the last word.
Re: You will have the last word.

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com