HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

A STONE AND A SLING
In Response To: The ground we stand on ()

Your insight translate to the written word remarkably well. I am concerned as well about this "prison" issue and have given much thought on it. The entrapment that Iman feel as As I wander out through babylon each day. Iman know that right thought and education preserves I mind from the thoughtless pleasures of flesh which the mystery babylon hypnotizes the masses with. The great whore of all nations. In this way it has been written from the ancient.

In Iman view, to use InI intellect to try and deconstruct the great whore mystery babylon is futile. That has been the plight of those caught up in her seduction. It has turned ones into subtractionists and reductionists, we are taking away in an attempt to reveal- a system based on negative thinking. To search for an escape is to forsake the ground that firmly supports InI right now. The want to escape takes salvation and rightness out of I and puts it somewhere else- to be pursued but never attained. Desire is the root of suffering, and thats why the desired escape IS the prison.

As Iman know that this land and therefor this situation is not the natural origin of InI ancestory- in I mind that would suggest some type of purpose for Iman. Unfortuneatly InI are all to aware of the dreadful things that wicked men do especially in this time. But present moment awareness and right meditation overcome this. The ground that InI stand on FIRST and FORMOST is a gift from Jah. For this breath and these words Iman give thanks. In our human system, full of boundaries and turmoil, this land has altered meaning. It has enslaved downpressed and forsakin scores of InI fathers, and in this sense it is a prison. But who will change this? Iman think that our people must give up a reductionist philosophy, and realize our purpose- which is to combat the beast with righeousness.

I created in this land, it is where I live. It is where my children live, and what do I tell them? That this is a prison they need to escape from (?), or that they should give thanks for precious life, wherever they find themselves? As a meditation we can imagine that the great waters of the oceans washing over the beaches of Africa, becuase JAH is Everywhere! The ground does not exist only under your own feet, becuase we know that there is so much more ground than that! Rejoice! In this way we can positively impact future generations to take the history of Imanity and not only head its warnings and atrocities but to use them constuctively for the purpose of loving. We need to upliff one another out of this proverbial prison, not just subrtact until we can perfectly identify the prison itself.

"Even the first man cannot be the first man agian" (benjamin) We move forward. In this time with all the collective memory of our people running through our veins, hearts, and minds. The past gives purpose to the present- and wether one would judge that as being good or bad- it just is. In I mind mystery babylon is the prison, but JAH is the escape. Excelency in this time and all times to follow, regardless of InI surroundings. Forward on inna the name of the Most High Creator. Becuase positive thinking is a victory, everytime. Positive thinking is the respec we pay to our fallen fathers and it is the stone in our sling that is pointed at the great whore. Righteouness is attainable.

When the slave masters heard the rythem from the slaves it struck terror into their hearts. They feared the rythem makers becuase they too understood its great power. So they took away all the drums and said drumming was forbidden. Little did they know, the rythem was not in the drum...

Blessed Love and Forward Positive thinking, teaching and praying idren. Move forward Imanity.

Messages In This Thread

The ground we stand on
Re: The ground we stand on
A STONE AND A SLING
Re: A STONE AND A SLING
Re: A STONE AND A SLING
The way of Ur-ser
Civilization dons clothes.

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com