Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: 'A Girl Like Me' isn't what they want

Greetings.

Probably due to the particular mood I'm in today - (I've just re-read the original Willy Lynch speech prompted by the skin tone research thread. And now I've just come back here and read this message) - I'm starting to feel slightly depressed. (sincere feeling)

What role can we as Rastafari play in breaking this cycle? (sincere question)

What solutions have we as Rastafari people got to counter the oppression our communities face in this society? (sincere question)

Racism today no longer needs to be overt or obvious, as it is already so ingrained to be normal, (according to the skin tone research and the willie lynch program.)

How can we stop our people becoming so depressed that they give up, become passive, and therfore become part of the problem as part of the silent majority?

Your humbly. Looking for guidance & strength.

Ras Shawn Naphtali

Messages In This Thread

'A Girl Like Me' isn't what they want *LINK*
...just to add....
Re: 'A Girl Like Me' isn't what they want *LINK*
RASpect Bro. Bless *NM*
Parents, school syst and pop media's fault..
An EXCERPT from, "Don't Play in the Sun ..." *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com