HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: (360) Is Rastafari truly only about the Heart?

Thanks for the analogy.Beautiful analogy of the woman and child.I was thinking about the idea of trust and had this thought.I think you are saying the same thing but anyway here goes.
I think that one can,in absolute truth,only trust God/jah/source/essence.One can only come to the conclusion that another is reliable or not reliable(and the varying degrees in between).I was thinking of an example of this and I remember a scenario presented to me by someone once.Story goes as-If you had a woman who you were in a relationship with and you both had come to the arrangement,desire or attitude of a monogamous relationship then you would just see that each(her)was reliable in regards to your values.Lets say though,that she goes out one night to some social thing and she is in a room with(what she considers)the most attractive men she has ever seen in her life and every single one wants 'a peice'of her and she ends up being with one of the men sexually.Under any other conditions(lets say)she would never have done this but she has in action made herself unreliable by her decisions.Then when you find out from her or however(but find out)you feel cheated,betrayed ect.This though,could be because the misconception that u have 'put YOUR trust IN THEM'.Trust is a feeling between u and god/source/jah/unlimited eternal presence of love,this is what u are saying,yes?!So to place your trust(in absolute truth)IN someone else is a 'mistake'.They(other humans)are either considered reliable,or unreliable.Is this what u mean?The consideration or assessment is navigation but the outcome of this in the external world is not a constant.So 'trust',from a certain perspective could be 'jedi mind trick' that could be taken out of perspective to put the feeling of it in the way others act?Is this sort of what you mean?Bless....

Messages In This Thread

(360) Is Rastafari truly only about the Heart???

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com