HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: (360) Is Rastafari truly only about the Heart?

It is interesting that you reiterated your stance on faith. In regards to faith being of the Heart, I totally agree. And to also follow your words, ***”Yes, balance is the key”***

So where/when does knowledge and Mind come into that balance. It is the ‘marriage’ of heart and mind that makes one whole so doesn’t that mean knowledge/fact/data/truth is absolutely necessary to guide the heart instead of wishful thinking or actually wishful guessing?

The Heart is open to anyone/anything, as it is characteristic of Nature. When we choose, don’t we simply steer our open Heart/Temple into the selected path of the “Y”. A wise (Y’s) person is so-called because they have experienced many of the Y’s of life , chose within Nature, and has benefitted be/cause of it. I have never condemned faith, but condemned the motionless complacency of the faithful and the exploitation by the issuers/indoctrinators. It is the responsibility of the Mind (male) to protect his Heart (female). I see this as being backed up by Natural roles/responsibilities.

So in the context of a properly conditioned Mind, one would seek to dispel any challenges to the Heart. And sighting how Afrikans/Humans/World/Universe is being obliterated from every angle, why would it be so offensive to question everything, including faith. What is wrong with overstanding Nature's truth within the bible, so that the faith may ripen into knowledge. Especially since it is the most faithful who are in the position of being exploited, oppressed and brutalized because of ignorance?

I am asked not to "offend" those with faith?
As if political incorrectness are our peoples' biggest threat.
What about genocide?

Why would anyone want to worry about hurting peoples’ feeling when we can see the pain and misery and death that the lies, distortions, and omissions have caused.

It IS my Heart that is pained with what HAS and IS being done. So how dare my Mind just sit back and let it happen. It has to “be a man” and expose, fight and eliminate that which is causing harm to my Queen.

What I am saying is that ok, I can see how Rastafari is of the Heart, but who fights a better fight for the Heart, faith or facts, trust or truth, notions or knowledge. Whatever you select between those choices is where the Mind ought to lead.

If our Empress wanted to eat candy and chocolate all the time, would we say “whatever dear” so she will have her desires and “feel good” or would we suggest wiser eating choices. So why would Rastas take offense to the criticism of the gullibility of faith, just because the masses want to feel good about their colonizing/religious indoctrinations. Why would Rastas therefore criticize drugs. Do you think people do drugs to feel bad or to feel good?

If we truly seek the Truth
If we truly seek Afrikan Liberation
If we truly seek Self-Reparation

How then, do we criticize Babylon, yet in the same breath praise/follow/defend its biggest influence/tool against us?

-hotep always

Messages In This Thread

(360) Is Rastafari truly only about the Heart???

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com