Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Menaissance
In Response To: Menaissance *LINK* ()

Greetings Rootsie,

I sure as hell hope not. I would make a very, very, bad metrosexual.

Which is not to say that I think that being a thug is something to be admired. But surely there is more than a little bit of middle gorund to be occupuied here. To me a lost positive aspect of 'maleness' in the west is that of the responsible capacity for strength. My daughter looks to me to be strong, to protect her if necessary (not just that of course, but that is PART of what my role is).

If people who try to live good and righteous lives just roll over and let the many wolves of this world do what they will, then we are really just submitting ourselves to another form of subtle domination.

Obviously it is ESSENTIAL that any capacity for strength be coupled with the application of wisdom and restraint, and hopefully violence can be averted before it occurs. But, at the risk of being politically incorrect, in the event of having to defend those that you love, there is little to be gained by being half hearted about it.

Like i said, with luck and good management violence may be avoided altogether, but it is my view that a sensible person spends at least a little of their time and energies in being prepared for the all too unfortunate worst.

This is particularly the case for those who have traditionally been the victims of wolf* like behaviour, women and people who are not white.

And i stress again, i am talking about self defence here.... which is more than a little bit unrelated to zizou's headbutt.

love and life
paul

* the whole wolf thing was just a metaphor, I actually think that wolves are amazing creatures. Its the two legged ones that worry me.

Messages In This Thread

Why Today I Wear My Zidane Jersey *LINK*
Re: Why Today I Wear My Zidane Jersey
typo: "aren't all sports violent ?" *NM*
Violent people have to learn to cool it
Death to Black & White Downpressors!!!! *NM*
Re: Violent people have to learn to cool it
Those with a history of unjustifiable violence
Re: Those with a history of unjustifiable violence
Menaissance *LINK*
For a slightly more.... *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com