HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: EVERYTHING must be examined!

*******---But let us remember also that music (compared to something as powerful/controlling as religion) does not impose white supremacy to the degree of us losing our identities, minds, determination and indigenous well-being.--- *******

I must correct myself. By all means is music used to impose white supremacy.

And when it comes to the "constitution", it truly is a great document. But the fact that ones wrote it and believed those words wholeheartedly yet did not even consider it applicable to us tells me a lot about the founders and white society's mindsets towards indigenous people.

stolen indigenous people - Afrikans
stolen indigenous land - Native American

All of this happened because they felt that their actions were religiously justified, sanctioned by the 'infallible' words of religious leadership.

Most of the damage in the world seems to result from some group's faith-based land entitlement over another group's. The damage done to us is a direct result of the belief that 'saved' ones had divine rights to "claim the lands of and subject to inservitude, all infidel (unsaved/uncivilized) people"

christianity and slavery came as a package deal to ones of color...together, were they the BEST or WORST thing that ever happened to us?

There is no logical reason why one should not question their attachments. What is wrong with questioning...the worse thing you could get is an answer.

To date, everything that has been available to us has still not liberated us. Why would ones not examine and pursue all and any means for change.

If I advocate examining one's self. Why would I not examine every natural and classified dinstinction or description that I have been given.

Even if in the long run, there is nothing wrong with christianity, why would I resist examining/investigating how it was at least used against all indigenous people. The resistance could exist because "isms" have protective defenses that engrain you with fear, shame, and guilt if you even dare to question or venture outside the box (out of pocket).

It makes sense to me that if we wanted to return a liberated state that we had before the invasions, we would want to return to the way of life that we possessed before the invasions. This was an intuned Natural existence. Resistance to or the inferiorization of that kind of lifestyle is instilled protectionism that keeps us dependent/attached to his game. And his game is not set up for him to lose to us.

no mystery.

Messages In This Thread

EVERYTHING must be examined!
ites *NM*
Good point, but
Even MJ
Re: Even MJ
AIIII D.O.N. ... you is a badman. Nice one iyah
Would you consider yourself Rastafari? *NM*
You tell me. *NM*
Re: no i would not *NM*
Well what are the membership requirements.
Re: Well what are the membership requirements.
Re: Well what are the membership requirements. *LINK*
Re: Would you consider yourself Rastafari?
testing 123 *NM*
I would add...
Yes Gman... *LINK*
give thanks for that link! *NM*
Re: Yes Gman...
Hotep for the PowerWords *NM*
Proverb
EVERYTHING? *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com